Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where to buy modest fashion for preteens and teens ????

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 31 Replies

I need HELP! I am getting ready to start shopping for school clothes and i am not shopping at holister, a.e. and places like this for their clothes. Where is the best place to go to shop?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I just made a post along this line, lol. My kids wear those brands but we have a pretty strict school dress code, so what they wear is modest enough for me. What about JC Penny's or Sears? They have cute stuff. Aéropostale is cheaper, but they are kind of a knock off of the brands you said you didn't like. It's hard shopping for the kids, buying dad approved swimsuits this summer was a nightmare, lol.
countryglammer
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM

i know right, i love JC Pennys and Sears, they always have had good quality clothing, those other stores in the mall carry such thin  and cheap;y made material

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM
3 moms liked this
Kohls
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Once they got to that age I didnt buy the clothes for them.  I gave them a budget and let them pick out their own clothes.  We of course had appropriate guide lines, but I think once they are teens they should have some say in what they wear.

btw.... when we started this my daughter ended up buying a couple of name brand shirts and not having much of the budget left.  But the next year she wised up and started at a consignment shop.

sabrtooth1
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting atlmom2:  Kohls

Yep, Kohls.  Also JC Pennys, Target, Ross.  Decent quality, decent price, decent looking.  A little more money at  Charlotte Russe, NY & Co. , Deliah's,  & H&M.

countryglammer
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM

the way kids are today i am not letting them go out of the house dressed like they want to, lol

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

marshalls tj maxx outlets for polo j crew

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM
We do this, they shop the clearance racks and look for online coupons. I was shocked at how thrifty mine got. There are limits, but I got lucky and both dress cute, but not a lot of skin. But like I said the school dress code takes care of a lot of that battle. One is preppy, one is rock. The only thing they agree on is there boots, lol!

Quoting sahlady:

Once they got to that age I didnt buy the clothes for them.  I gave them a budget and let them pick out their own clothes.  We of course had appropriate guide lines, but I think once they are teens they should have some say in what they wear.

btw.... when we started this my daughter ended up buying a couple of name brand shirts and not having much of the budget left.  But the next year she wised up and started at a consignment shop.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Di they wear the same size shoe?

Quoting HilbillyMamaof3:

We do this, they shop the clearance racks and look for online coupons. I was shocked at how thrifty mine got. There are limits, but I got lucky and both dress cute, but not a lot of skin. But like I said the school dress code takes care of a lot of that battle. One is preppy, one is rock. The only thing they agree on is there boots, lol!

Quoting sahlady:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Yep, they are the exact same size, the younger one did end up outgrowing the older one this year, but they are still close. Most everything is still the same size, I am still putting initials in socks and jeans so I can separate them when putting stuff away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN