Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Where to buy modest fashion for preteens and teens ????

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 31 Replies

I need HELP! I am getting ready to start shopping for school clothes and i am not shopping at holister, a.e. and places like this for their clothes. Where is the best place to go to shop?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I just made a post along this line, lol. My kids wear those brands but we have a pretty strict school dress code, so what they wear is modest enough for me. What about JC Penny's or Sears? They have cute stuff. AĆ©ropostale is cheaper, but they are kind of a knock off of the brands you said you didn't like. It's hard shopping for the kids, buying dad approved swimsuits this summer was a nightmare, lol.
countryglammer
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM

i know right, i love JC Pennys and Sears, they always have had good quality clothing, those other stores in the mall carry such thin  and cheap;y made material

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM
3 moms liked this
Kohls
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Once they got to that age I didnt buy the clothes for them.  I gave them a budget and let them pick out their own clothes.  We of course had appropriate guide lines, but I think once they are teens they should have some say in what they wear.

btw.... when we started this my daughter ended up buying a couple of name brand shirts and not having much of the budget left.  But the next year she wised up and started at a consignment shop.

sabrtooth1
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting atlmom2:  Kohls

Yep, Kohls.  Also JC Pennys, Target, Ross.  Decent quality, decent price, decent looking.  A little more money at  Charlotte Russe, NY & Co. , Deliah's,  & H&M.

countryglammer
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM

the way kids are today i am not letting them go out of the house dressed like they want to, lol

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

marshalls tj maxx outlets for polo j crew

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM
We do this, they shop the clearance racks and look for online coupons. I was shocked at how thrifty mine got. There are limits, but I got lucky and both dress cute, but not a lot of skin. But like I said the school dress code takes care of a lot of that battle. One is preppy, one is rock. The only thing they agree on is there boots, lol!

Quoting sahlady:

Once they got to that age I didnt buy the clothes for them.  I gave them a budget and let them pick out their own clothes.  We of course had appropriate guide lines, but I think once they are teens they should have some say in what they wear.

btw.... when we started this my daughter ended up buying a couple of name brand shirts and not having much of the budget left.  But the next year she wised up and started at a consignment shop.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Di they wear the same size shoe?

Quoting HilbillyMamaof3:

We do this, they shop the clearance racks and look for online coupons. I was shocked at how thrifty mine got. There are limits, but I got lucky and both dress cute, but not a lot of skin. But like I said the school dress code takes care of a lot of that battle. One is preppy, one is rock. The only thing they agree on is there boots, lol!

Quoting sahlady:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Yep, they are the exact same size, the younger one did end up outgrowing the older one this year, but they are still close. Most everything is still the same size, I am still putting initials in socks and jeans so I can separate them when putting stuff away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)