Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

help 13 year old asked!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 64 Replies
If she can wear tampons....i told her no.What would you do...I think she is to young..
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Morticiah
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM
5 moms liked this

Well, she's thirteen. She's old enough to start wearing them.

You should discuss it with her. Ask her why she thinks she needs to make the switch. It's possible that she has heard a lot of misinformation about tampons and this could be your opportunity to educate her.

Maybe pads are uncomfortable for her and she wants to try another alternative. Let her know you're available to talk.

Plenty of thirteen year olds use tampons. There's nothing wrong with it! Really it's just about preference. 

MrsVolle0904
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Personally, I think every one should do it when they feel they are ready for it. I actually know women who don't use them because they don't like them. I was never really taught anything about them, out every really had a woman involved in my life like that, so I went with it once I found I was ready. I'm gonna let my daughter choose when she is ready. Ill teach her everything I know, tho, and hope things go smoothly, because they didn't for me
Buggy979
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:32 PM
4 moms liked this
My 12 yr old has been wearing them since She was 10. I don't understand what the big deal is. Who wants their cookie to be wet all day from blood and a big pad between the legs. Ewww and the oder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Sure why not. It is summer she probably doesn't want to sit on the sidelines while her friends are having fun in the water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Renata21
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
You're right..i just think she is young...i didnt wear them till i was 30..lol...and i thought they weren't that comfy...but in summer it was a good idea..

Quoting Buggy979:

My 12 yr old has been wearing them since She was 10. I don't understand what the big deal is. Who wants their cookie to be wet all day from blood and a big pad between the legs. Ewww and the oder.
HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say yes. It's summer and well...yuck. They have a teen slender tampon. We bought them but the girls use mine. They didn't ask, they just starting using mine from the bathroom, but we aren't big on personal space it was no biggie.
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM
We discussed this before many times. Any age is fine if they want to use them. It ois no big deal. Girls who swim have to even if they are 9 or 10.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Missi
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I did at 13. I hate pads. They make them for teens. It can't hurt.
Renata21
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I dont worry about her getting in a pool..she does'nt even like to wear a swimming suit..she is very shy about her body..

Quoting sahlady:

Sure why not. It is summer she probably doesn't want to sit on the sidelines while her friends are having fun in the water.
BunnyFlick
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I was using them aged 9.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN