Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What do you think is a good curfew for a 16 year old boy?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
  • 24 Replies

..........for both week days and weekends? Also if your son tends to stay gone all day and into the night, do you have him check in at regular intervals  or make him stay home once night falls since he's been gone all day? 

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Renata21
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Well with x box i really dont worry..my son is home. But weekdays 9 to 10, he needs to be home since he drives.weekends mybe 11 or till 1 when he goes to movies. But i also trust him to make good choices..but being a mom i txt him often he hates it but i do text a couple of times anyways..lol..
katydon
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM

midnight. and i would have him check in a couple times during the day just to keep track of where he is at. i wouldn't make him come home early just because he was gone all day. its summer, teens want to hangout with their friends. as long as their not getting into trouble, it wouldnt matter to me if they are gone all day

bizzeemom2717
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I never have had an exact time. My kids don't go out on school nights because of sports ect. In the summer it really depends what's going on and who they are with?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I agree with PP it depends when (school or vacation) who they are with, and what they are doing.

We live in a crappy area. They don't go out after dark alone. However, if we are in my parent's private community, I let them come n go as they please as long as I know where they are.
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

As a general rule, it was 9-10 on school nights, and 11 on weekends. Those were not set in stone though, there were times/things that would mean adjusting those times and so long as I knew ahead of time I was fine with that. Those rules mainly applied to just hanging out with friends. 

Also check with your state laws. Our city is pretty strict about those.

MJP76
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I'd look I to your state law curfew regulations and go from there.. It would also depend if he's driving or not.

SugarrCane
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I think 10:00 is curfew for kids under 18.

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

I never have had an exact time. My kids don't go out on school nights because of sports ect. In the summer it really depends what's going on and who they are with?

Exactly here too.

Sonflower71
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

If your community has a curfew, that should defintely be it

countryglammer
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM

oh goodness i have a soon to be 16 yr old son, he can stay out til 11 and that is it, he is treated no different than my girls, you have to have a tight grip on kids or else you can lose them to anything out here in this world

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN