Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What are you reading ..any recommendations?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 32 Replies

Always looking for a good book or magazine.

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Well I read paranoramal/urban fantasy.  So if you like that genre I can recomend some.  I also read a contemporary by Robyn Peterman called "How hard can it be"  it was VERY funny.  It's a RomCon, very funny.  But if you offend easily then don't read it

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I read mostly fantasy. I've been rereading the Legends of Camber of Culdi trilogy by Katherine Kurtz.

Black Dagger Brotherhood, by J. R. Ward is always good : )

For a romance fix, I tend to go for Nora Roberts.

I actually liked Safe Haven, by Nicholas Sparks. It's one that does not have a depressing ending.

v2011
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I just ordered the Anatomy of Peace. I read a little of it online and it seemed really good. 

v2011
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Love JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood

Quoting wakymom:

I read mostly fantasy. I've been rereading the Legends of Camber of Culdi trilogy by Katherine Kurtz.

I actually liked Safe Haven, by Nicholas Sparks. It's one that does not have a depressing ending.

cege
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I've read two books recently that I really liked, "The Aviator's Wife" which is about Charles Lindbergh and Anne Morrow Lindbergh and "The Paris Wife" which is based on Hemingway's relationship with his first wife.  Both books are historical fiction and are easy reads.

adamsmom0116
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I just finished Z. It's the novel of Zelda Fitzgerald, wife of F Scott Fitzgerald. I suppose it falls into the historical fiction category. It was very good, easy to read, entertaining.

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Well I read paranoramal/urban fantasy.  So if you like that genre I can recomend some.  I also read a contemporary by Robyn Peterman called "How hard can it be"  it was VERY funny.  It's a RomCon, very funny.  But if you offend easily then don't read it

Paranormal isn't my favorite .I looked up How Hard Can It Be....putting it on my list.I can be irritated but not by these type books...it's a book...LOL

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:09 PM

My daughter likes fantasy.She is attempting to get in a years worth of fun reading into one summer and having a social life too.She goes back for her last year of her B.S.N. and have been told it's a tough year.I will check to see if she has read those and get them for her.

I will try Safe Haven ,I quit reading his books just for that reason,

Quoting wakymom:

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I can tell you what to avoid! I ordered Anne Rices Sleeping Beauty trilogy. Now, I love me some Anne Rice and I enjoyed 50 Shades - to a point, but that there was some freaky shit, lmao! Thanks Amazon suggestions *eyeroll*
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I am currently reading "Clean Gut" by Alejandro Junger M.D. It's interesting but not very entertaining, lol. I also just checked out Mitch Albom's The Timekeeper from the library. Haven't started reading it yet. The most recent book that I read and really enjoyed was called Defending Jacob by William Landay. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)