Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

7/12 Today is...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 9 Replies

NATIONAL DIFFERENT COLORED EYES DAY

Each year on July 12, people across the United States celebrate National Different Colored Eyes Day.  There are many people out there that have two different colored eyes and today is their day to celebrate!

Heterochromia of the eye: Two different colored eyes.  Heterochromia is of two kinds;

• Complete heterochromia – one iris is a different color from the other.
  • Partial heterochromia or sectoral heterochromia – part of one iris is a different color from it remainder.

The concentration and distribution of melanin is what determines  the eye color, specifically the color of the irises.  The affected eye may be hyperpigmented (hyperchromic) or hypopigmented (hypochromic).  The excess of melanin indicates hyperplasia of the iris tissues, whereas a lack of melanin indicate hypoplasia.

Most cases of heterochromia are hereditary, caused by a disease or syndrome or due to an injury.  It is possible that just one eye may change color following certain diseases or injuries.

A few celebrities that are known of having two different colored eyes include David Bowie, Christopher Walken, Dan Aykroyd, Jane Seymour and Mila Kunis

Do you know any one with two different colored eyes?

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:15 AM

There was a boy in my HS that had different colored eyes.  Haven't known anyone since.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:04 PM

No.

Closest is dh and dd- their eyes change color depending on mood, lighting, and what color they are wearing. Dh's change between blue and gray, and dd's between hazel and light brown.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:34 PM

My father has one brown and one grey eye.  But he is blind in the grey one.

shorty13417
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:39 PM

no,  i don't

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:43 PM

My DD has partial. It's only been recently that I have learned what it was. As a baby it was confusing cause we couldn't figure out what color her eye's were going to be lol

Here's a pic of her's, this was a few years ago and has become even more pronounced lately.

bizzeemom2717
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Cool

PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I know a few people who have two different colored eyes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN