Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

How much do you spend on School supplies and clothes?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:51 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
With school starting right around the corner , was wondering how much do you spend on school supplies and clothes . i usually spend more than i usually want to. around four hundred, but not atone time. THANK GOD. and usually just the basic simple note books and ect. Now the clothes are different because the boys think they have ti have the in style of clothes. lol.
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momoftwinkies
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Books and supplies and fees around 300. Clothes and shoes around 200 because our public high schools wear uniforms.
PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM

To much, it seems like every year they are required to get more and more things just to make it easier on the teachers.

fassett05
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I totally agree. my youngest is startung junior high and got his list yesterday and its crazy. lol

Quoting PurpleHazey:

To much, it seems like every year they are required to get more and more things just to make it easier on the teachers.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:33 AM

School supplies aren't to bad since they are on sale this time of year, it's hard for me to say what we spend because I tend to stock up on a lot of it. 

I also don't really buy school clothes. They get a new outfit or a few pieces, and then we add on as the weather changes. Some years more then others, since some years they go through a growth spurt but never more then 300-400 for up to at least 5 or 6 of them at a time.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I am a huge shopper. I shop 3 or more days a week. I don't always buy. I used to get my boys a whole new wardrobe for each school year. They grew, In colors change, Thankfully Preppy is always IN. My sons also got and wore shoes not just sneakers plus winter boots..Living in Ma you need school clothes for 3 seasons. I never keep track of amount spent in total.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I used to spend about $200 on supplies and about $500 on clothes. That would be in the fall. More spent throughout the year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

About that much for 5 kids (one who is in preK & "needs" everything his older sibs have- so he gets about half of what they get)

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:43 AM
$30 on supplies for both of my boys $100-150 on clothes for both of the boys. I shop at goodwill... the boys grow too much to buy them brand new clothes every year. I do spend another $75 on shoes though between them because I do believe in decent shoes.
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Starting DS's senior year in HS I stocked up on the school supplies so each year following I spent less and less on the supplies.  I think last year for DD's senior year I spent $30.  Clothes the got just a couple new outfits to start the year then added on through the school year.  I tried to limit it to $100-$150 a kid (I have 2).  Some years were more depending on if they needed new shoes or if they had grown.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM

This is pretty much what I did too.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

School supplies aren't to bad since they are on sale this time of year, it's hard for me to say what we spend because I tend to stock up on a lot of it. 

I also don't really buy school clothes. They get a new outfit or a few pieces, and then we add on as the weather changes. Some years more then others, since some years they go through a growth spurt but never more then 300-400 for up to at least 5 or 6 of them at a time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN