Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What to think?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 15 Replies

My 14 yo dd was away at church camp and a neighbor friend of hers that just moved in a month ago to our subdivision came to the door with 2 of her friends (girls from school) and asked if my dd was home.  My dh told her she was at camp and would be home the following day.  She had a birthday a couple of days before that and I think she may have had them over (maybe for a overnight), don't know.  Would you think it weird or rude to not have invited her over first (like she did the other girls) than to just drop by with them? We didn't know who the other girls were and when my dd got home from camp so txted this girl and asked her and she just said who they were and the next time they are over to her house they will drop by. I feel bad for her it's like they were rubbing her nose in not being invited.  Am I 'off' in thinking this?  Would you if you were my dd or me? 

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

You are reading too much into this. 1st- The sleep over could have been a last minute thing, you have no idea. 2nd- DD couldn't have gone no matter when she was invited because she was away at camp so it really doesn't matter.

Let the girls work it out.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a little confused, but I'll see if I got this right.

Isn't it possible she brought the girls over to introduce her other friends to your DD? Just stopping by without being invited over isn't rude. If you sit and wait for others to always invite you, you may never leave the house, sometimes you have to do the asking yourself.

They didn't invite your DD to the sleep over. Not a big deal. Growing up I had bestfriends and then good friends. I didn't feel the need to invite everyone all of the time. Sometimes I just wanted to hang out with X and not Y.  No intentions of snubbing anyone, just my prerogative.

I say your reading to much into it....

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM
This

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I'm a little confused, but I'll see if I got this right.

Isn't it possible she brought the girls over to introduce her other friends to your DD? Just stopping by without being invited over isn't rude. If you sit and wait for others to always invite you, you may never leave the house, sometimes you have to do the asking yourself.

They didn't invite your DD to the sleep over. Not a big deal. Growing up I had bestfriends and then good friends. I didn't feel the need to invite everyone all of the time. Sometimes I just wanted to hang out with X and not Y.  No intentions of snubbing anyone, just my prerogative.

I say your reading to much into it....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Why would it be rude to stop over with friends your dd doesn't know? That's how you meet people? Let the girls handle it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:44 PM
You are reading way too much into this. Sounds like she just wanted to introduce her friends to your DD. step back and let you DD handle it
drfink
by Emily on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I agree with the PP's.Unless there is some back story of a squabble or something I don't see any thing rude.Perhaps your daughter and the neighbor just aren't spend the night close yet.

Inviting your daughter to hang out or stopping by is including not excluding.

cat4458
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM

No, they (all 4, my dd included) the new girl talked about having them all to sleepover.  I didn't think it was rude to stop over.  I just thought it was rude not to invite her when she said she would.This girl just moved into our subdivision.Also, they didn't know she had church camp.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I still think you are reading too much into it.

Quoting cat4458:

No, they (all 4, my dd included) the new girl talked about having them all to sleepover.  I didn't think it was rude to stop over.  I just thought it was rude not to invite her when she said she would.This girl just moved into our subdivision.Also, they didn't know she had church camp.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Quoting sahlady:

I still think you are reading too much into it.

Quoting cat4458:

I agree. 

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Might be she was told by her mother that she could only have two girls sleep over.

You're reading too much into this. I would do NOTHING. And if I were your daughter, I'd say, "Sorry I missed you." And NOTHING more. I would take no insult, I would thing absolutely NOTHING of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN