Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

High schooler

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM
  • 16 Replies
Oh man I didn't expect it this fast. Just last week we received a mailer for orientation( which we will miss ). They are taking pics then, yearbook etc. this is way too much too fast. And big b isn't ready for it either.
Anyone else ??
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Mine are graduated. Enjoy it all. Goes by so fast!! I enjoyed mine in hs. Oldest was a senior when youngest was a freshman. That was a strange year. Year of firsts for one and lasts for the other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM

That is what we get here, Paige is 14 and will be starting High School in Sep. I still thing and feel she is to young for High School

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Enjoy.It is a bit of a mix.To see them mature and in high school can be wonderful.At the same time it can be a bit of a heart wrench to see them move closer to becoming independent adults and going away to college.
Try to focus on the positive part of them moving toward adult hood but a little cry can be good for the soul also.
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

My youngest graduated in June.  My advise is to enjoy it.  It goes by way too fast.  Mine were only one grade apart and those 5 years just flew by.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM
My dd just finished her freshman year and loved it! DS graduated 2 years ago and hard to imagine heading into his 3rd year of college
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperLooneyMom
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I do have back to back grades for my sons. Younger in 8th(thankfully) and big b 9th.

That is one reason this summer means a bunch to me. The kids don't understand it but I know time together is less and less with driving, independence, work school and scouts.

I will enjoy as I am now

Quoting fammatthews4:

My youngest graduated in June.  My advise is to enjoy it.  It goes by way too fast.  Mine were only one grade apart and those 5 years just flew by.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM

It is all over for me!    I feel High School is always bittersweet.... it is the last leg of the journey, so to speak.       My oldest graduated....and my youngest started.    It is the same way with college, one out....one in.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:27 PM

My dd graduated from hs in 2012, the time flew. My sons are still in elementary school but I know that hs for them will be here before I know it.

exhaustedmother
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:30 AM

My daughter is 15 and will be starting high school this year. Time flies!

JustaSM231
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Was orientation just for the kids or for parents too? Lol. OSD starts HS in August
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)