Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

When YOU were growing up...

Posted by   + Show Post

When you were growing up, did have pictures or posters on your bedroom walls?

Who were your posters of? Bands, actors, celebrity crushes? 

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
MrsBLB
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Sure did>  Bands mostly.

Medusa686
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Yes but I don't recall who was on the wall only that I had something up

02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

David Cassidy, Andy Gibb, and Leif Garret wow that was a long time ago

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I watch the Partridge Family some. It is on Mon-Friday on Antenna tv channel.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting atlmom2:

Of course I did. Black light ones, Shawn Cassidy, Donny Osmond, Tony DeFranco.

I had all of those as a kid!  The DeFranco Family!   What ever happened to them?

David Cassidy was my very first crush.... I was maybe 6?  My first record that I chose for myself was a 45 of the song Cherish by David Cassidy, lol

As ateen, I had black light posters and several light organs, remember those?  The lights flash with the beat of the music....    Spencers Gifts was my favorite store for decorating.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 02nana07:

I remember my best friend and I going to an Andy Gibb concert the summer after 7th grade!  My parents, after us begging and begging allowed my older siser to take us.....it was an outdoor venue and we were on the lawn area, screaming and holding signs, etc.    My sister and her friend napped under a tree.

02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I take it they weren't impressed if they slept under a tree LOL I never went to a concert until I was grown but would have loved to have been able to.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting 02nana07:

I remember my best friend and I going to an Andy Gibb concert the summer after 7th grade!  My parents, after us begging and begging allowed my older siser to take us.....it was an outdoor venue and we were on the lawn area, screaming and holding signs, etc.    My sister and her friend napped under a tree.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Quoting 02nana07:

I take it they weren't impressed if they slept under a tree LOL I never went to a concert until I was grown but would have loved to have been able to.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting 02nana07:

Yes.  They were 18 and into different music, lol.   My sister agreed to take us because she knew how much I was into him.... she was pretty great about that.

MissMelanieC
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Yes, Kirk Cameron and NKOTB...LOL

pokey-pwa
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:48 PM

A couple of baseball players, New Kids on the Block and I had a life size cardboard cutout of Christian Slater from the movie Kuffs.  I also had a Braveheart poster that my mother eventually moved to the laundry room...she said it made doing laundry much nicer...lol

I worked in a grocery store that had a video rental place in it so I had tons of movie posters from age 16 on.

Jennanonymous
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM

My dad actually let me paint my bedroom all kinds of awesome designs and crazy murals. The one wall I had pink/purple/blue verticle stripes from floor to ceiling on the entire wall. The other I had a mural of sunset colors meshed together cover the top 3 feet of the wall with pink 1' border painted underneith it that followed around the room changing in height. . I forget what else I had because I changed it/painted over it often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN