Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

When YOU were growing up...

Posted by   + Show Post

When you were growing up, did have pictures or posters on your bedroom walls?

Who were your posters of? Bands, actors, celebrity crushes? 

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
huntersmom1007
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Posters. Prince in Purple Rain comes to mind when in Junior High.
02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like you had a great sister must have been nice

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting 02nana07:

I take it they weren't impressed if they slept under a tree LOL I never went to a concert until I was grown but would have loved to have been able to.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting 02nana07:

David Cassidy, Andy Gibb, and Leif Garret wow that was a long time ago

I remember my best friend and I going to an Andy Gibb concert the summer after 7th grade!  My parents, after us begging and begging allowed my older siser to take us.....it was an outdoor venue and we were on the lawn area, screaming and holding signs, etc.    My sister and her friend napped under a tree.

Yes.  They were 18 and into different music, lol.   My sister agreed to take us because she knew how much I was into him.... she was pretty great about that.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Nope...I have never been that into celebrity hype.
PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:37 AM

I did. Leaf Garrit was on my walls. My girls have One Direction all over their walls.

SAMI_JO
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:52 AM

I wrote poetry, so I had 1 wall that was dedicated to my poetry. It was covered from top to bottom for about 10ft. I wish I would have kept some of them.

Msgme
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM

my bedroom walls were covered,   i kinda made wallpaper out of my posters and pics.  They were all celebs. Mostly Elvis, corey haim, corey feldman, johnny depp and patrick swayze and kirk cameron  there were more of course but they were the most prominent.

wadesgirl119
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM
New Kids on the Block, Nelson, and lots of Kids Bop pictures.
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I sure did- mostly pix I tore out of Superteen magazine.

As a teen in the 80s, I had a lot of Brat Pack members, Jack Wagner, Peter Reckell, Bruce Willis, Wham!, Ricky Schroder, Jason Bateman. . . You get the idea : )

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Lol! That is hilarious!

Quoting pokey-pwa:

A couple of baseball players, New Kids on the Block and I had a life size cardboard cutout of Christian Slater from the movie Kuffs.  I also had a Braveheart poster that my mother eventually moved to the laundry room...she said it made doing laundry much nicer...lol

I worked in a grocery store that had a video rental place in it so I had tons of movie posters from age 16 on.

mimimom139
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Oh, you're really going to make me show my age! Here goes: the Monkees, Bobby Sherman, Donny Osmond, David Cassidy. I'm sure there were others, but my mind is going and I really can't remember! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN