Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Does this seem a little strange to you?

Posted by   + Show Post

I've been having a heck of a time with my 15 y/o son.  He has been sneaking out, drinking, and smoking pot.  I had to tackle him before he jumped out of a second story window a couple of weeks ago.  Bit by bit I took everything from him.  Cell phone, grounded to his room, no internet, no tv, no radio, it even got to the point where I took all of his cool clothes and replaced them with kakis and dress shirts and one pair of dorky sweats.  I kept all his shoes in the trunk of my car and only gave him one pair when we went somewhere.  

Last week he came back from his dad's and I was expecting more bad behavior.  He is usually much worse when he comes back from there. Heck, I even psyched myself up for it (Telling myself I can handle my son, I will be strong, I will be patient...)

He comes back a little sad, tells me that he isn't going to fight with me anymore because it stresses him and his little brother out.

Uh...Ok...that's awesome, honey.

It is now week two.  And he is perfect.  I asked him to take care of a few things last night and they were immediately done. No argument, no questions.  After being grounded for quite literally half of his summer break, he just did a complete 180.  Now I am really grateful, really...but should I be worried?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (31-34):
v2011
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sat3409:

wow thats great but yes i would say starnge. i have the same trouble w/son but no change like your sons. good luck.

I'm sorry. It's so hard, you love them so much but then you have these moments where you just want to throw your hands up. My boyfriend really help me keep it all in perspective. He told me to visualize the good future I saw for my son. When I did, he asked me how far would I go to get him there? The answer was, I would do anything. 

I'm not sure we are out of the woods yet.  I'm sure if you stay strong and keep trying, he will come around.  Good luck to you too. :)

codfish
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM
He is a teenager...they are crazy! We have a8 and 17 year olds and it sounds familiar. He was testing his boundaries and most likely doing worse. It sounds like your younger child made him realize how stupid he was being.
v2011
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Quoting codfish:

He is a teenager...they are crazy! We have a8 and 17 year olds and it sounds familiar. He was testing his boundaries and most likely doing worse. It sounds like your younger child made him realize how stupid he was being.

Lol, this is true.  I tend to freak out a bit and over analyze things sometimes.  Sooo...

When does the sanity come back?

codfish
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I am still waiting.

Quoting v2011:

Quoting codfish:

Lol, this is true.  I tend to freak out a bit and over analyze things sometimes.  Sooo...

When does the sanity come back?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN