Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

13 yr old got a teeny tiny bikini and booty shorts from grandmother

Posted by   + Show Post

and she is a size 34 B with a big butt I ditched the suit and am thinking about nixing the booty shorts also I had specifically asked the grandmother NOT TO BUY HER CLOTHES advice?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Replies (11-19):
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Yup, I'm also in agreement with this.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

You can't stop her from buying them, and you don't have to let your DD wear them.

If you know where they came from, take them back. If not, then throw them in the trash.

Joyzap2003
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM

My Granddaughter is 10 years old and I would never buy clothes for her that my daughter did not approve of first..  If I see an outfit that I think she would look cute in I take a picture of it and text it to my daughter for her approval before I buy it.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Normally I believe that my kids have the right to accept any gift that is for them. I don't believe that I own everything my children either are given or buy themselves. Or agree with someone spending money on my kid that goes to waste. But in this case, you've said what you're okay with and she disagreed and went behind your back. So definitely throw it out....this is why I always give money lol
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Re gift it to grandma with a note saying she will have more use of it than your daughter?

epykpysmom
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I agree with the other posts that you have final say in what your 13 year old DD wears, but I was wondering this also>>>>

Quoting 02nana07:

Just wondering is it something daughter asked for

MusherMaggie
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Return them all to your mother and explain that you do not want your daughter advertising herself. Ask her to send gift cards in the future.
Jennanonymous
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I'd throw them out. My sister came to live with us and my mom used to let her wear booty shorts (wouldn't be booty shorts on most girls but my sis has a BIG booty). She always said "oh well she can't help she has a big butt". That doesn't fly in our house though. I think DH secretly tossed them out after he said something to her and she didn't quit wearing them because they disappeared. Her butt was always hagning out the bottom of them.

Jennanonymous
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM

lol that is good!

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Re gift it to grandma with a note saying she will have more use of it than your daughter?

momto3infl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM

take them back and exchange them-just thank her for the cloths

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)