Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Why my ANGELIC *snicker snicker* Male teens love teaching VBS.....

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 14 Replies

the FOOD....the past couple of years some women that sell Pampered Chef have volunteered to be in charge of the adult and the teen break rooms.They prepare food ,get other moms to bring stuff and in turn they leave their catalogues ,recipes with the Pampered Chef products needed listed.It is delicious !

On Monday they had to be there at 8 ,the rest of the week 8:30.

My heart swelled with pride they wanted to come at 8 EVERYDAY  and stay an extra 15 minutes EVERYDAY...my sweet helpful boys .....hahahahahaha

Till my bubble was burst over hearing a phone call "dude she gives extra homemade breakfast tacos and all the leftovers to anyone that helps setup and cleanup...dude the brownies...ya gotta be there" or something like that....I am crushed  ; ) LOL

Does food motivate your teens ?

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Lol! Whatever gets them up and moving, right : )

bizzeemom2717
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Lol my DS would have been. My dd no. She's a crab in the am not even food can get her motivated for rising early. Only thing, if she thinks she may not have time to put her make up on! She's 15.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deb51980
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Fulfilling some needs of teen boys is just fine.  Fulfilling others is not!  LOL

pokey-pwa
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds just like my DD15!

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Lol my DS would have been. My dd no. She's a crab in the am not even food can get her motivated for rising early. Only thing, if she thinks she may not have time to put her make up on! She's 15.

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Whatever it takes to get them there to help.

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wakymom:

Lol! Whatever gets them up and moving, right : )

hey if a trail of fave foods would get the trash taken out ,all homework done and all the rest done without me asking I would go for it in a heartbeat ....   ; )

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

oh my gosh my daughter and your daughter are six year apart twins...

her brothers have a secret nickname for her in the a.m.    Texas Queen Crab LOL shhhhh it's a secret 

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Quoting deb51980:

Fulfilling some needs of teen boys is just fine.  Fulfilling others is not!  LOL

sometimes they remind me of scavenger fish...food where -food where...lol....the worst part is how skinny they are yet eat eat eat

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Cindy18:

Whatever it takes to get them there to help.

Our church really believes in the power of food and teens.From 6th grade up donuts ,bagels ,schmeers ,choc milk and oj is served in each SS room only till class starts ...late = no food.Not too many wander in late ...smart youth dept ...hehehe

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Oh yeah!    Unfortunately, fast food is the best motivater......offer them Taco Bell and they are on the way!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN