Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teen boys as part of Cosmopolitan readership?????

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 5 Replies

My household subscribed to Cosmopolitan for years up to a year ago when it wasn't renewed.

My then 12 y/o son asked where is it?  He had been reading it.  He liked the articles on embarrassing moments in sex, how-to for woman getting orgasms, boy-friends from hell....

Hmmmm....in-depth sex education and relationship education.

Why not?  We renewed.

Jason brings articles to me for discussion.  I have a 13 y/o sex-starved horn-dog but a good one.  I've chosen to indulge him on some requests but must deny him on others....and for those he deserves and receives a explanation.

This I offer as a possibility for some household and some teen boys.......

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM

We don't subscribe to Cosmo.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:23 PM
I would never subscribe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:55 PM

My Ds is 20. IMO there were and are much better resources and tools out there when discussing sex with our kids. My DD is 15, I wouldn't use Cosmo articles and editors opinions as a moral barometer for a teen either.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Not necessarily something I would do, but if it's working well for your family, go for it.

deb51980
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Thanx.

I have provided him with sex-ed books -- both the girl and boy editions--that I read through carefully and enter occassional annotations.

He and I are quite open with each other -- like he asked how I felt about a period every month,  I answered that I had considered medication to stop them but then I feared there might be bad side effects--so how does he like getting boners at embarrassing times?  You live with it, right?  He asked if there is medication to stp boners--sure is; it would also stop the awful horniness and it would grow breasts--but I'll go shopping with you for a bra.    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)