Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Need advice. teens and chat sites

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm keeping my brother 11 and sister 14 for the summer. My sister has her own laptop and phone of course but she keeps getting on this chat site and I know she's befriending boys she meets there on Facebook and she's probably giving out her phone number. I asked her if mom knew about this site and she told me she wouldn't care, but I don't think it's safe for her to be chatting with strangers. Am I wrong for being worried? What should I do??

Proud wife of a United States Airman!

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Replies (11-17):
drfink
by Emily on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Never heard of the one site either, will keep it filed away in my brain.

Talk to your mom about it, she get's the finaly decision.

This!    I do think you should talk to her about internet safety and appropriate behavior.  You are her big sister and it may sink in hearing it from you.

Agree ,siblings can sometimes get through when parents hit walls.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM
My teens did not ever chat with strangers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mo3blondeboys
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm changing the internet code so she can't get on. And I will talk to my mom about it and try to talk to my sister. I saw a message on fb between her and some guy and she said they can't talk about anything bad because we're around. So mow I'm completely freaked out! No more internet for her.

Proud wife of a United States Airman!

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Thanks for the heads-up about Omegle. Ds1 has his own laptop for schoolwork only. Dh checks his history periodically, so I'll have him be on the lookout for if this comes up. He's pretty much just into playing Minecraft and Halo w/ his friends, but it never hurts to know what else to look for.

Jennanonymous
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM

If you do not put a stop to it, if she isn't already, she will be meeting these men for sex to make herself feel better about herself or make herself feel more of an adult.  My bff in high school did it, my SIL"s little sister did it, along with MANY MANY others girls I knew in middle/high school.If you are not already you should be monitoring and checking up on what she is doing, which I'm sure you will not be happy with what you find.

We are doing everything in our power to get my 16 y/o sister through high school without her getting pregnant since she is boy crazed. Because of her constant contact, manipulation of boys and sneaking off to talk to a boy when she was supposed to be working she has lost all her elctronics which allow her to contact her friends, who are mostly boys.

TranquilMind
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Omegle is dangerous.  That's a definite no, here. 

Quoting mo3blondeboys:

That's not the one she's using. It's omegle or omeble, probably didn't spell that right!

Quoting Barabell:

Ahhhh, I found it:

http://www.kidzworld.com/

Jennanonymous
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Facebook, Myspace, Instant Messangers, various other websites, Cell Phones/Smartphones with various apps can all be dangerous places as well. My sister was talking to all kinds of people through Facebook and apps on her iPad. She went from talking to people all over the world to people that lived near us over time. To this day she is convinced every person she ever talked to virtually was 100% who they said they were lol. So young and naive is my sister!

Quoting GleekingOut:

Nope. No omegle in my house- even for my 21yo. Using omegle is a automatic Internet loss. Omegle is full of Pervy guys showing their penis to the camera and asking for sexy pics/skypes/KIK off girls. I would take the laptop and tell her she can only use it sitting next to you. Your Internet your rules. Or she can choose to have no Internet access. I'd also ring your mom and tell her. Omegle can be a pretty dangerous place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN