Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

He Missed Tennis Today

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 27 Replies

My 13 year old son is sleeping-in so much that he didn't wake up in time for his 11 am tennis lesson. I guess my husband was too busy working to notice the time, and my son is normally supposed to call his dad to let him know when he's ready for tennis. 

My son didn't wake up until 11:15 this morning, so no call to his dad. 

At least the lessons are cheap and meant for fun, so we're not really out any money. I hope he remembers to set his alarm tonight to get up on time tomorrow morning!

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I'm so glad I get to be home to make sure ds1 is up before noon. He'd sleep til 11 or later if I let him. . . If he's not up by 10 on his own, I have ds2 and dd go wake him- they love that!

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Mine go to camp for a month every summer in June.Reveille is at 7:30 ,dress ,walk to breakfast all by 8 or 8:15...EVERYDAY but Sundays.They love camp ,no problem hopping up....home =alarm ,me calling,call up to them ...no hopping up here; here it's one slow foot in front of the other

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:19 AM

That wouldn't be OK here. He is signed up for something he wants to do.  Then he needs to get his ass ot of bed and get to it. How about the teacher that is waiting on him ? No phone call No nothing? Pretty damn rude in my book. What if this was a job instead of tennis lesson  ?

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I never allowed mine to sleep past 10 unless they had friends over and were up late. Even now I don't let my 19 yo sleep all day either. It is a waste of a day sleeping all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:24 AM

We have a 9 am rule here,  I get the kids up by then.  If this was the only time he missed it all summer, then it was a mistake, but if it is a trend, then a talk and some solutions need to be discussed!

PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Quoting wakymom:

I'm so glad I get to be home to make sure ds1 is up before noon. He'd sleep til 11 or later if I let him. . . If he's not up by 10 on his own, I have ds2 and dd go wake him- they love that!

I was thinking the same

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM

It happens, so long as it doesn't become routine.

Mine have to be up by 10 am. Nothing irritates me more then kids/people sleeping all day.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM

It's a very casual, relaxed class setting. They want it to be fun summer activity for kids. They don't mind if kids miss lessons, and they don't mind if friends show up for lessons too.

For his other sports, we do call/email the coach if he's missing a practice, but it's not required for his tennis lessons.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

That wouldn't be OK here. He is signed up for something he wants to do.  Then he needs to get his ass ot of bed and get to it. How about the teacher that is waiting on him ? No phone call No nothing? Pretty damn rude in my book. What if this was a job instead of tennis lesson  ?

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM

This is the first time. The classes are for 9 weeks, and he only has 3 weeks left.

This is his first summer break as a teen, and so I'm not used to him sleeping in like this. It just threw me for a loop. He's also been growing a lot in addition to sleeping a lot, so I can't tell if he's being lazy or needing the extra rest. He's been going to bed around 11-midnight, so I just can't believe how many hours he slept that night either.

Quoting my2kidsmom9498:

We have a 9 am rule here,  I get the kids up by then.  If this was the only time he missed it all summer, then it was a mistake, but if it is a trend, then a talk and some solutions need to be discussed!

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I'm not home during the day. My husband doesn't seem bothered by it, which I guess I can understand because he's working too...even though his schedule is much more flexible than mine.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

It happens, so long as it doesn't become routine.

Mine have to be up by 10 am. Nothing irritates me more then kids/people sleeping all day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)