Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

teenage boy attitude

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 5 Replies
Wow I have 3 teen age boys along with 4 younger ones. Well my youngest teen is 13. He was gone with my brother for a week. Then came home for a few days and we took him to the fair that night he went with dh brother. He came home last night and this morning hehas this huge attitude. He kepts telling me he is going to run away so he can get a new family. We all hate him and all I do is make him work. He does have chores but nothing crazy. Ugh teenagers he ran from me when I told him to get in the corner and he can stay their until he changes his attitude. All this because he wants go to the store and I don't have the time to take him right now
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Saphira1207
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM

:/  Welcome to the teen years.  Mine's 15 and doing the same thing.  All I can do is be firm and consistant with rules.  And honest about how his behavior is affecting how others see/treat him.  So far all he does is glare/yell at me/storm off.   I know part of it is hormones but that's not a good enough excuse as far as I'm concerned.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Time to inform him that if spending time with his Uncles turns him into a brat.....  guess he won't be hanging with them anymore.

Lorena
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM
My 15 and 14 yr old are nothing like this. They are respectful with the occasional eye roll but they do what I ask. This I have a feeling is going to be the hard one. Ugh he at the moment has put himself in a time out on his own to fix his attitude because I told him how it makes me and the other kids feel when he says things like that.

Quoting Saphira1207:

:/  Welcome to the teen years.  Mine's 15 and doing the same thing.  All I can do is be firm and consistant with rules.  And honest about how his behavior is affecting how others see/treat him.  So far all he does is glare/yell at me/storm off.   I know part of it is hormones but that's not a good enough excuse as far as I'm concerned.

Lorena
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I did tell him that. He seems to come home with the attitude that he is better the everyone else and very entitle. I think we are going to take a brake from them for awhile.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Time to inform him that if spending time with his Uncles turns him into a brat.....  guess he won't be hanging with them anymore.

Bethsunshine
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I hear ya! I have a 13 year old son who has gone from being a sweet, sensitive boy to a moody, sullen sulky pain in the butt. He's at camp this week and I am hoping that it has helped straighten out his attitude
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)