Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Tootin' his horn for him TOOT TOOT (may be long- sorry)

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 14 Replies

Not sure if any of you had seen the trailer for Kirk Cameron's new movie "Unstoppable". Well apparently FB has ban his trailer because of "offensive" material. Here's a link to the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/user/unstoppablemovie924

Here's what Liberty University says about the FB ban:

http://www.liberty.edu/news/index.cfm?PID=18495&MID=95292

And this... ah this... this is one of many many reasons I am proud of my DS. This is what he says about the ban:

"So apparently, Kirk Cameron's posts about the movie Unstoppable is being blocked by Facebook. AND I just went to find the youtube video of the trailer to post on here (FB) and it's been removed from there, too. From what I understand, Cameron asked the question that all of us have at one point in our lives: Why do bad things happen to good people. So, being the curious Christian that he is, he left to find answers. He traveled the world and looked into his bible and on September 24- for one night only- his movie about what he found out and how he came out of the journey with faith even stronger than before is going to be played in theaters across the country. But Facebook is blocking his posts about it, claiming they're "unsafe" and "abusive". Whatever happened to freedom of speech and freedom of religion? I feel like the two of those go hand in hand with this situation. All he wants to do is show the nation what he found out on his journey and help strengthen the faith of believers. I feel like he has a right to. It's not like he's shoving his religion down other people's throats; if you don't want to go see the movie, then by all means don't see it. No big deal. But to say that his Christian film is "abusive" and "unsafe" to be posting on Facebook is just not fair. I have seen plenty of other crap on here that is waaayyyy worse than advertising a one night Christian film. I understand that not everyone's Christian, but that doesn't mean we, as Christians, can't make Christian posts because it might offend someone. And everyone who would see Cameron's post are probably one of the 500,000 people that liked his page on here. I'm sorry for this long post about this, but it really does bother me that this is happening. I feel like it's just straight up unfair to say that. I see stuff every day on here that offends me because of my religion, and nothing is done about that; but post one thing about a Christian movie and it gets banned? I dunno, it just really bothers me that this is happening."

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

He said that very well. Toot away, Mom!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Go ahead and toot. Good for him for standing up and speaking about what he believes in and for doing it in a respectful manner.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Apparently even youtube took it down...hm, be back soon.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Ok, I found this one, not sure if it's the same trailer, but as an agnostic I see nothing offensive about it. I probably won't watch it, but am not seeing the huge uproar over it. Oh and it took some digging to find, the 'official' one is gone.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Ok, I found this one, not sure if it's the same trailer, but as an agnostic I see nothing offensive about it. I probably won't watch it, but am not seeing the huge uproar over it. Oh and it took some digging to find, the 'official' one is gone.

What in the world??? thanks for posting and finding because I heard about this too and see nothing, zilch that woulod even be considered offensive???

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Me either, not with this trailer anyways. Now the YouTube account I found this, there was some pretty offensive stuff going on in the comments section.

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

What in the world??? thanks for posting and finding because I heard about this too and see nothing, zilch that woulod even be considered offensive???

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Me either, not with this trailer anyways. Now the YouTube account I found this, there was some pretty offensive stuff going on in the comments section.

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Yeah, I was wondering and going to look further because I didn't see anything here but figured there had to be something else.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM
You should be able to follow it back to the original page.

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Yeah, I was wondering and going to look further because I didn't see anything here but figured there had to be something else.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

yep i just did...lol pretty crazy stuff. Makes you realize why so many wars have been fought over religion..geez

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly, and the v worst was coming from a pastor lol

Looks like Facebook has let the movie back on their site.

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

yep i just did...lol pretty crazy stuff. Makes you realize why so many wars have been fought over religion..geez

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)