Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Stalkers??? Why?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM
  • 21 Replies
I'm pretty new to CM, so I was a little surprised to hear about women who stalk others. Can some of you help me out with this. Here are my questions:
WHY?
What do they do with this information?
What precautions should be taken?
How do they do this?
And again, Why? I guess I don't understand stalking someone's FB to find what? Dirt? Information? To go to there home to kill them???

I would like to use a picture of myself/family as my avatar, but now I'm a little worried. I'm pretty honest on CM, thats just who i am. somedays im nice sonedays im a bitch. I've learned not to rant, people think the worst possible thing. I use CM to kill time between the kids events, when I can't sleep, etc. I actually found it one night when I was very upset with my SDs parents--my husband and his ex over rules. I learned that night that Stepmom Central was full of nutcases, lol! But I really did need support, from others who would understand, not that they did. It would be nice to be able to connect with women and not worry about these things.
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cheribomb
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM
2 moms liked this

bitches be crazy!  

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM
No one stalks on this board. Maybe Newcomers and those crazy ass boards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM
That's actually good to know, thank you. I won't lie, I sometimes wonder what people look like, but I would never invade their privacy.

Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Lots of people become friends. I have several facebook friends from here. I have been on Cafemom since 2007. It has evolved and evolved and sadly changed from what it used to be. I don't have the bonds on here I used to.

Quoting HilbillyMamaof3:

That's actually good to know, thank you. I won't lie, I sometimes wonder what people look like, but I would never invade their privacy.

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I don't understand stalking, either.   Seems some just like Drama and to call others out...    This group doesn't do that, at least that I have ever noticed.   Personally, I don't post pictures or use my families names out of respect for them.... my one son has given me permission to post particular pics..,.and only in this group.   After all, I do talk about them in here, and I don't want it to bite them in the butt in real life.   

02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:07 PM

This is a good group I don't think you have to worry here

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM
It was actually toward Stepmoms Central and Mom Confessions. I asked here because I felt more comfortable. Everyone here is civil, I think I'm the only person to get snippy and I apologized and felt like an ass!

I really like this group, and one other I am in but those two are a little much sometimes. FYI:never post a pic of your house if its nice! Mines nothing special so i don't have to worry, but they eat women alive, LOL!!

Quoting 02nana07:

This is a good group I don't think you have to worry here

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Yup nothing much to worry about here.I have made several friends in a couple of groups.Not the ones you mentioned.Two I am now friends IRL but just like any internet connection or unknown we met at a Starbucks several times before moving forward.
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:56 AM
I've never had that problem on CM and I've been on here since 2008. Been in this group since 2010 with zero problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I haven't personally dealt with an online stalker but I know there have been a couple of CM moms who have. I think it would be very infuriating.

There are some really good drama free groups on CM, there are also some drama filled bash em all groups here too. I stay away from those groups~ just not my thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)