Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

First one leaving the nest

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:19 AM
  • 9 Replies
My oldest just turned 20 in June he's moving into an apartment with a roommate. It's near work/school that will be good but I'm sad. I knew this day would come but it's come too soon for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Our 2 left a month apart. 22 yo moved out last July. DD 19 went away to college in August. Actually being an empty nester is not so bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkmomma06
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Hugs
bizzeemom2717
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest, my DS left almost 2 years ago for college at 18. Hugs and hang in there, what helps me is knowing how proud I am of the fact he is so independent, I've done that part of my job as a parent well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I am so dreading the day when they start to leave.   My 2 teens are in the same grade so they will probably both leave for college at the same time.  My son is not really looking forward to it and there is a chance he will go to school close to home. (keeping fingers crossed) my dd on the other hand cant wait to leave.  I wouldnt be suprised to find out she has a countdown till graduation somewhere.  She's only about to start her sophmore year in hs.    thankfully my baby is still young (well 11 is still young) and we have a few extra years with her.  But the day they move out will be the saddest and happiest day of my life.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I understand.   My oldest is 23 and still at home....Thank Goodness.    He is talking about moving out in September, and I have mixed feelings.    I know he does as well.  Part of him wants to establish independence, the other part is quite comfortable and happy at home.   

my4boys2002
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM
It's funny I remember when all 5 were little saying I can't wait til they all grow up, now I'm saying I wish they were all babies again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM

hugs

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Hugs and congrats. My oldest is 19 and still at home but I know when she goes I'll be sad (and happy) at the same time, lol.

sweetchile
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM

My 18 year old ds leaves next month for college. He is not good at the phone calls/texts so I will be so worried! So, I can relate!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN