Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Funny moment with son

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:58 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have to share a funny thing that my son (12) said to me today.

First of all we were talking about this because of his older brothers behavior.  he's 15 and has developed the very bad habit of being rude, snarky and just generally mean to everyone around him.  he often doesn't even realize he's doing it and when we mention it he gets really mad.  To say this is not going to be an easy teenhood is being polite. Not as bad as many others but bad enough for me.

Anyway - 

Little brother is very aware of big brothers behavior and dislikes it just as much as I do.  So just after yet another hissy fit by BB I said "God, I hope you're not like this when you're a teen."

He looks at me and says, totally seriously  "So do I, otherwise it's gonna be a long 10 years!"

LOL     I died laughing!  I couldn't help it!  When I spoke to my mom later I told her too and it just made her day!

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:58 AM

I love it when they say things like that.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Out of the mouths of babes!  lol

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:26 PM

laughing   

Saphira1207
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I'm glad we could bring a smile to you faces!

I'm still giggling about it myself!  lol

pokey-pwa
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, thats pretty clever :)  I love when they come out with something funny that you would never expect!

The other day DD13 was on a roll and kept saying L-O-L to EVERYTHING...it was getting quite annoying.  Then we were in the car and someone was whining about something and DD17 said "Oh, cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it."  To which SS8 responded "L-O-L!"  We just couldnt NOT laugh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)