Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7/24 Today is...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 13 Replies

NATIONAL COUSIN’S DAY

National Cousin’s Day is celebrated each year on July 24.  This day is a day to let all of your cousins, those both near and far, how much you appreciate them.

Cousins often spend much time together at family reunions, holidays, birthday parties, weddings, anniversaries and many other countless family get together’s.  They entertain each other, play and bond while adults are busy with other things.  It does happen that cousins grow up together being the best of friends.  

Today, call your cousins, send a card, send an email, text them, some how find a way to let them know that you are thinking about them and that they are special to you!  Happy Cousin’s Day!

http://nationaldaycalendar.com/

Are you close to any of your cousins? Are your kids close to their cousins?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I was growing up to my Mom's side. I have 2 girl cousins my same age and one a year younger. Dad's side were all way older. I am 3rd from the youngest. I am 52 and most cousins are 60 to 65.
My kids are close to cousins even though we have never lived near them. They are closest to my brothers kids who are my youngest age and a year younger. Also dh's older sisters kids who are a year younger than my oldest and the same age as my youngest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Not really. Only two are close to my age, and I didn't spend a lot of time with those two growing up.

MrsBLB
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I grew up in a military family.  Got to see them very little.  We got closer as we got older.

luckysevenwow
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I have 5-6 cousins, but only one stays in contact with me, and he's leaving for Korea in 5 weeks and will be gone for 3 years :(

wakymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:45 AM

The 4 on my dad's side, no. We stay in touch through Christmas cards, but that's about it.

My only cousin on my mom's side, however, is more like the little brother I never had. He stayed w/ us for about 4 months earlier this yr. while working out here, before getting married and moving out here.

As for my kids, they have a bunch of cousins on dh's side that they either have never met or only met once (we don't speak to most of his siblings). They have 2 on my side they see more often and are closer to.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I'm not, they all live in other countries. Thanks to Facebook I've been able to reconnect with the ones I was close to as a child, but I haven't seen them in person in over 20 years. My kids at least get to see their cousins on DH's side a few times a year but because of age differences they're not really close.

shorty13417
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM

i was close to some of my cousins growing up but not now, they have their life and i have mine.   when my son was younger, he was close to his cousins but we moved so he doesnt see much of them any more.    he does go to school with some other cousins but thats the only time he sees them.

bizzeemom2717
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Yes 2 of my cousins esp. My kids are close to their cousins on my Dh's side as I'm an only child. My dd more since they are the same age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I have several cousins but pretty much grew up with 2. I am still close to them, they are more like brothers than cousins.

DixieL
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I have eleven cousins. I am close to two of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)