Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Random Question 7/24

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 31 Replies

If you have pets, who cares for them while you go on vacation?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:11 AM

We board our dog at the vet's.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I am lucky to have a friend that lives nearby. She comes over 4 times a day to let her out. If ahe is bored she stays a while to cuddle. It is wonderful. Is she can't I get some neighbor hs boys to do it. They like to cuddle too and have dogs of their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Usually try to find a friend or family member that will watch them. We have two cats, so they don't need as much work being taken care of.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:44 AM
This is what we do as well

Quoting CometGirl:

We board our dog at the vet's.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM

We do, and they are one of the reasons we really don't go on vaction. We have two dogs that don't get along, at all, so that really complicates things.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:05 AM

We have friends that take care of the dogs when needed.  

MrsBLB
by Missi on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Ugh, I hear ya.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

We do, and they are one of the reasons we really don't go on vaction. We have two dogs that don't get along, at all, so that really complicates things.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I honestly need the dog whisper, my one doesn't like people he doesn't know, and will go after my other dog (they used to be best friends). We do nothing but play ring around the dogs. I've begged my son to take him, even shared custody to give me a bit of a break, but they 'don't like to pick up his poop'. Hell I'll come clean it up for a break, pay the pet deposit and the monthly difference. I don't understand cause he'll come out here to play with him?

Quoting MrsBLB:

Ugh, I hear ya.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

MrsBLB
by Missi on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM

How frustrating!  Is he in a living situation where dogs would be an issue?

When I moved, I had to send one of mine to live with a family friend.  She couldn't get along with one of the three here.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I honestly need the dog whisper, my one doesn't like people he doesn't know, and will go after my other dog (they used to be best friends). We do nothing but play ring around the dogs. I've begged my son to take him, even shared custody to give me a bit of a break, but they 'don't like to pick up his poop'. Hell I'll come clean it up for a break, pay the pet deposit and the monthly difference. I don't understand cause he'll come out here to play with him?

Quoting MrsBLB:

Ugh, I hear ya.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Yep, they kept him for a month once and had a fence put in for him. He's a weiner/german short hair mix, he's bigger then the average weiner, but still considered a small dog (he weighs 30-40 pounds, but it's bulk). They had him cause my DD lived here with her dog and they didn't get along originally. I think this is where the problem began.

We almost had a massive fight with the 3 year old right in the middle of it, and even then he said no. I really don;t understand and neither do his siblings. My other DD (the one with the other dog) lives a block away from him and offered to come walk him once a day. Still no, I think it's his GF, he's somewhat alluded to that a few times. 

Quoting MrsBLB:

How frustrating!  Is he in a living situation where dogs would be an issue?

When I moved, I had to send one of mine to live with a family friend.  She couldn't get along with one of the three here.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Quoting MrsBLB:

Ugh, I hear ya.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)