Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Have your teens started practice yet?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 16 Replies

The high schools here are starting fall activity practices next week.

Football, volleyball, band, student council, cheerleading etc...

Have your teens started with practice for their fall activities/sports yet? 

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JTROX
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM

My son is in a winter sport.  He still practices with coach, just not official practices.

bizzeemom2717
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Yes volleyball
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM

My son isn't in high school yet, so I'm not sure if the local high schools have started anything.

My son's main sport is travel youth hockey, and his offseason team started again this week. He also started some power skating lessons this week too.

Bertieb
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM

We started last Monday, 8-10 and 7:30 to 9:00 every day. I've spent $50 in gas each week on the back and forth!

Decemberlov
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Field Hockey practice starts next week for DD

pokey-pwa
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Oh man...ours have been practicing for a few weeks now.  Of course they incorporate camps into it too and have the HS teams help with the younger kids sports camps as part of their practices.  DD13 is at cheer camp right now but had practices the past 2 weeks.  Band and stuff started about 2 weeks ago as well.  DD15 isnt playing VB this year, she decided to stick with just softball and maybe track so thankfully we have no 2-a-day practices this year!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I think our local high schools have started practices, not positive though since my dd has graduated and my sons aren't in hs yet.

ForeverLawst
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Freshman band camp started a couple weeks ago. Full out band camp starts Monday from 5:30p to 10:30p.  I told DD she'd have to get a ride home because my DH will be out of town for the next two weeks and I have to be up at 5am for work. I am a mighty grumpy woman if I miss my sleep. =/

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Our schools are restricted from having practices from mid-July until school starts.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:36 AM

My oldest DD goes away to band camp next week.  Then they have practices 8am - 11:30 am Mon. thru Fri till school starts.  Sure wish they would do evening practice instead.  Parents have asked and asked (transportation issues, people do work) but band director refuses to consider it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN