Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens
My daughter told me today that for her thirteenth birthday she wants a belly button ring I calmly said no she proceeded to tell me that if I don't let her get one she will get one anyway. What should I do?
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (11-18):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:33 AM

This~

Quoting fammatthews4:

You tell her no and spell out for her in detail what the consequences will be if she goes behind your back and does it herself. Also if you think it will help do some research on pain, infection percentages, etc. after all that if she still does it follow through on the consequences c

MrsBLB
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM

You said no, it's no.  My SD wanted one at 14.  NOPE.  She is 18 now and doesn't want one anymore.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Heck no. Everyone I know regrets it. You do not keep them in forever. The scar tissue is awful. Pregnant bellies and a belly ring don't mix well. It is an awful scar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I agree with this too.

As I mentioned in my previous reply about state laws, I forgot to mention that no reputable piercer would pierce a minor without parental consent.

Quoting fammatthews4:

You tell her no and spell out for her in detail what the consequences will be if she goes behind your back and does it herself. Also if you think it will help do some research on pain, infection percentages, etc. after all that if she still does it follow through on the consequences c

FullHomeGirl
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Thank you everyone. I Showed her this blog and e comments this morning and she got real gpquiey lol. I told her I was planning to get her a cell phone for her thirteenth birthday but only if the belly problem was gone she immediately said yes!:-) lol
drfink
by Emily on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:47 PM

VERY smart girl...and mom too ; )

Quoting FullHomeGirl:

Thank you everyone. I Showed her this blog and e comments this morning and she got real gpquiey lol. I told her I was planning to get her a cell phone for her thirteenth birthday but only if the belly problem was gone she immediately said yes!:-) lol

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Tell her if she does, imagine the size of the hole and the pain involved when you yank it out!

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Let her see someone else getting it done. That should take care of it. My sd wanted hers, we got the gift certificate (It doesn't bother any of us) took her...and that's a big needle! It was a no-go, lol!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN