Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Would this be appropriate to post on facebook?? I think not.

Posted by   + Show Post
DH's sister in law put, Kudos to Lane Bryant. They have 30% off for teachers. She said, my daughter (name) needs clothes for her new teaching job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:28 PM
We can agree to disagree. I see it differently. I guess my niece did too because her mom deleted the post.

Quoting Barabell:

I disagree. Why would the truth be insulting? If I can shop there and someone gives me a coupon or discount that I can benefit from, why should I be insulted? 

Quoting atlmom2:

If she put it fine. Inappropriate for a mother to put about her child.

Quoting Barabell:

I still don't think it's insulting. If you're that embarrassed about your weight, then you should do something about it instead of being in denial.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM

If her DD is sensitive about her size, she may be insulted.     Her mother could have worded it differently.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Or not put it on facebook. How many meaningless posts do people put on? I shake my head at 50% or more every day.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

If her DD is sensitive about her size, she may be insulted.     Her mother could have worded it differently.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Or not put it on facebook. How many meaningless posts do people put on? I shake my head at 50% or more every day.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

That's the truth!    I rarely post on FB, I comment once in a while......  but people live their lives on that site!   I don't feel the need to know or see pictures of what they eat for lunch each day, etc.   

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

It was rude to put it on fb imo. If I had a friend, esp a kid that was plus sized I would think about their feelings and def not post something like that. What is the point?

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

It was rude to put it on fb imo. If I had a friend, esp a kid that was plus sized I would think about their feelings and def not post something like that. What is the point?

IMO, as a plus sized woman, I find it more embarrassing when someone else is embarrassed about my size. Like I don't know I'm overweight. *eyeroll* It's something I've accepted (and I've been working on it too), but it annoys me when other people act like I should be embarrassed or like they're embarrassed for me.

I still don't think it's rude. It's the truth that I shop at stores like that.

When people act like they're embarrassed for me, I find that rude.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I can see both sides of it.  If her mom was aware that it would bother her dd, I don't understand why she would put it out there.  On the other hand, I'm wondering why dd was bothered by it.  Is she self concious about her weight?

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Her mom is her same size so I guess maybe she is clueless to her daughters feelings.
Of course she is self concious. Who wouldn't be at 4 ft 10 and way over 200lbs. She has gained 50 or so in the last year. Stress related eating.

Quoting MrsBLB:

I can see both sides of it.  If her mom was aware that it would bother her dd, I don't understand why she would put it out there.  On the other hand, I'm wondering why dd was bothered by it.  Is she self concious about her weight?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Is Lane Bryant only for larger sizes still? I'm asking b/c we have a Lane Bryant store at our outlet shoppes and I thought they had woman's sizes on one side of the store and plus sizes on the other. I might be thinking about the store that used to be there Casual Corner, anyway~  I think that's a mean spirited post. I wouldn't call my dd out on her weight especially if she was on the heavy side.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM
It is all plus size.

Quoting mumsy2three:

Is Lane Bryant only for larger sizes still? I'm asking b/c we have a Lane Bryant store at our outlet shoppes and I thought they had woman's sizes on one side of the store and plus sizes on the other. I might be thinking about the store that used to be there Casual Corner, anyway~  I think that's a mean spirited post. I wouldn't call my dd out on her weight especially if she was on the heavy side.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)