Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Would this be appropriate to post on facebook?? I think not.

Posted by   + Show Post
DH's sister in law put, Kudos to Lane Bryant. They have 30% off for teachers. She said, my daughter (name) needs clothes for her new teaching job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Yeah that's a pretty crappy dig to put on facebook.

Quoting atlmom2:

It is all plus size.

Quoting mumsy2three:

Is Lane Bryant only for larger sizes still? I'm asking b/c we have a Lane Bryant store at our outlet shoppes and I thought they had woman's sizes on one side of the store and plus sizes on the other. I might be thinking about the store that used to be there Casual Corner, anyway~  I think that's a mean spirited post. I wouldn't call my dd out on her weight especially if she was on the heavy side.

ForeverLawst
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

OK..  I like to see things in a more positive light.. Maybe mom was proud of her DD's new teaching job and just wanted to express it? It looks to me like the focus was on the wrong part of the statement and could have been turned around into something more positive by DD saying "thanks Mom. This new job is going to be great for me!" 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM
If that was the case she could have never mentioned Lane bryant, rather her dd was going clothes shopping. She already put plenty of posts about her getting hired already.

Quoting ForeverLawst:

OK..  I like to see things in a more positive light.. Maybe mom was proud of her DD's new teaching job and just wanted to express it? It looks to me like the focus was on the wrong part of the statement and could have been turned around into something more positive by DD saying "thanks Mom. This new job is going to be great for me!" 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverLawst
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Ah, I understand. My mom did that crap to me all the time. I found the only way I could defeat her was to turn her dig into something positive and deflate her passive-agressiveness. Having a crazy, negative mom has actually made me a more positive person in that respect. It was the only way I could one-up her. Your niece needs to shift her way of looking at things and use her mom's words to her own advantage. 

Quoting atlmom2:

If that was the case she could have never mentioned Lane bryant, rather her dd was going clothes shopping. She already put plenty of posts about her getting hired already.

Quoting ForeverLawst:

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I can tell you this SIL is negative in every sense of the word. Can tell you a million stories.

Quoting ForeverLawst:

Ah, I understand. My mom did that crap to me all the time. I found the only way I could defeat her was to turn her dig into something positive and deflate her passive-agressiveness. Having a crazy, negative mom has actually made me a more positive person in that respect. It was the only way I could one-up her. Your niece needs to shift her way of looking at things and use her mom's words to her own advantage. 

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting ForeverLawst:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I see nothing wrong with it.

ForeverLawst
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:42 AM

That's so sad to hear. I could write a book myself that would make Mommy Dearest look like a Disney movie. I hate that parents can do that to children. Then they play that Woe is me game when their children walk out of their lives. Give your niece my best. *HUGS*

Quoting atlmom2:

I can tell you this SIL is negative in every sense of the word. Can tell you a million stories.

Quoting ForeverLawst:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting ForeverLawst:

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momto3infl:

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

MrsBLB
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Has she tried to get help for the stress?  Does she live close to you so you can help her out?

Quoting atlmom2:

Her mom is her same size so I guess maybe she is clueless to her daughters feelings.
Of course she is self concious. Who wouldn't be at 4 ft 10 and way over 200lbs. She has gained 50 or so in the last year. Stress related eating.

Quoting MrsBLB:

I can see both sides of it.  If her mom was aware that it would bother her dd, I don't understand why she would put it out there.  On the other hand, I'm wondering why dd was bothered by it.  Is she self concious about her weight?

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM
3 moms liked this

No, you're not alone.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting momto3infl:

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN