Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Would this be appropriate to post on facebook?? I think not.

Posted by   + Show Post
DH's sister in law put, Kudos to Lane Bryant. They have 30% off for teachers. She said, my daughter (name) needs clothes for her new teaching job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM

So had the mom said Macy's, Kohl's, or any other clothing store that would have been acceptable? However, since mom mentioned Lane Bryant, it's not okay since they tend to sell to a particular target group, larger woman/girls?

MrsBLB
by Missi on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Def not alone.  I used to be a stress eater also tho.  I do hope she can do something about it.  I guess I am looking at it that way.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

No, you're not alone.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting momto3infl:

I see nothing wrong with it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I'm a stress eater too. I also gain weight easily when stressed, even if eating better. I think lack of sleep from stress really just zaps my energy completely, so I'm less active then also. Again, it's something I've been working on, but I'm trying to make the right changes. So it's slow going making changes like that. Even though I'm trying to improve myself and my health, I think it's easier to overcome if you accept that you're overweight and that you need to do something about it....instead of being in denial and embarrassed about it. I would not be embarrassed about my mom posting that on Facebook (if she had Facebook) as long as she wasn't doing it as a jab at me. It's hard to determine emotional baggage against parents in such a short comment. Even then, I wouldn't be telling her to take it down.

Quoting MrsBLB:

Def not alone.  I used to be a stress eater also tho.  I do hope she can do something about it.  I guess I am looking at it that way.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

No, you're not alone.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting momto3infl:

MrsBLB
by Missi on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I totally get where you are coming from.  It's hard to overcome.  I can't be as active as I would like due to my MD.  That is also a struggle.  Kudos to us for trying!   :)    **That was not a jab at the original post by any means.

Quoting Barabell:

I'm a stress eater too. I also gain weight easily when stressed, even if eating better. I think lack of sleep from stress really just zaps my energy completely, so I'm less active then also. Again, it's something I've been working on, but I'm trying to make the right changes. So it's slow going making changes like that. Even though I'm trying to improve myself and my health, I think it's easier to overcome if you accept that you're overweight and that you need to do something about it....instead of being in denial and embarrassed about it. I would not be embarrassed about my mom posting that on Facebook (if she had Facebook) as long as she wasn't doing it as a jab at me. It's hard to determine emotional baggage against parents in such a short comment. Even then, I wouldn't be telling her to take it down.

Quoting MrsBLB:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

No, you're not alone.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting momto3infl:

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Yes, that is mean.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

So had the mom said Macy's, Kohl's, or any other clothing store that would have been acceptable? However, since mom mentioned Lane Bryant, it's not okay since they tend to sell to a particular target group, larger woman/girls?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM
It is not that she doesn't know or in denial. Just common courtesy for a mother to not put that on facebook.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting MrsBLB:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

No, you're not alone.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting momto3infl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I thought we agreed to disagree? I still don't see the big deal. I still think it was a well deserved kudos to Lane Bryant.

Quoting atlmom2:

It is not that she doesn't know or in denial. Just common courtesy for a mother to not put that on facebook.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting MrsBLB:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

No, you're not alone.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting momto3infl:

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Ok, but you keep posting on my post.

Quoting Barabell:

I thought we agreed to disagree? I still don't see the big deal. I still think it was a well deserved kudos to Lane Bryant.

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting MrsBLB:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

No, you're not alone.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting momto3infl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

To other people.... 

Quoting atlmom2:

Ok, but you keep posting on my post.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting MrsBLB:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

No, you're not alone.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting momto3infl:

drfink
by Emily on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

I can tell you this SIL is negative in every sense of the word. Can tell you a million stories.  

That gives her post a different perspective than I had thought after you clarified it wasn't a hint about gifts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)