Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this be appropriate to post on facebook?? I think not.

Posted by   + Show Post
DH's sister in law put, Kudos to Lane Bryant. They have 30% off for teachers. She said, my daughter (name) needs clothes for her new teaching job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Replies (41-47):
ZombieChicken
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I didn't think anything of it, but I personally wouldn't want somebody posting that about me.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

It was rude to put it on fb imo. If I had a friend, esp a kid that was plus sized I would think about their feelings and def not post something like that. What is the point?

IMO, as a plus sized woman, I find it more embarrassing when someone else is embarrassed about my size. Like I don't know I'm overweight. *eyeroll* It's something I've accepted (and I've been working on it too), but it annoys me when other people act like I should be embarrassed or like they're embarrassed for me.

I still don't think it's rude. It's the truth that I shop at stores like that.

When people act like they're embarrassed for me, I find that rude.

Oh yeah, I've never understood or thought anyone should EVER be embarassed by their size, it just sounds like the OP said the daugfhter was embarassed since her mom took the post down. If the daughter was embarassed then I def think it was rude of the mom. Everyone feels differently. I have been up and down with my weight my entire life, I don't know honestly if it would have bugged me or not? Sounds like it did bug her niece though?

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

It was rude to put it on fb imo. If I had a friend, esp a kid that was plus sized I would think about their feelings and def not post something like that. What is the point?

IMO, as a plus sized woman, I find it more embarrassing when someone else is embarrassed about my size. Like I don't know I'm overweight. *eyeroll* It's something I've accepted (and I've been working on it too), but it annoys me when other people act like I should be embarrassed or like they're embarrassed for me.

Oh yeah, I've never understood or thought anyone should EVER be embarassed by their size, it just sounds like the OP said the daugfhter was embarassed since her mom took the post down. If the daughter was embarassed then I def think it was rude of the mom. Everyone feels differently. I have been up and down with my weight my entire life, I don't know honestly if it would have bugged me or not? Sounds like it did bug her niece though?

Based on the replies, it does sound like it bugged the niece. So the mom removed the post.

The OP just asked if the post on Facebook was inappropriate based on Lane Bryant selling plus sized clothes. I don't think it was inappropriate. I haven't heard of a clothing store giving 30% off to teachers before, so I think it was a nice kudos by the mom (without knowing anything about the mom's and daughter's relationship). 

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Based on the replies, it does sound like it bugged the niece. So the mom removed the post.

The OP just asked if the post on Facebook was inappropriate based on Lane Bryant selling plus sized clothes. I don't think it was inappropriate. I haven't heard of a clothing store giving 30% off to teachers before, so I think it was a nice kudos by the mom (without knowing anything about the mom's and daughter's relationship). 

If it was truly just a nice kuddos to the dd from the mom who was proud of her DD, then I agree it's a sweet thing. I guess I didn't see it that way.

nuts4scouts
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing inappropriate about the post at all.

This is a store that the daughter obviously shops at.

You ave no real idea exactly why the post was taken down. It seems that you are the one uncomfortable with someone alluding to the fact that someone might actually be (gasp!) a plus size.

Good grief!  What gives you the right to imply that there is something wrong with this girl? What gives you the right to say that she should hide, or be embarrassed by, the stores she shops at?

What a great role model you are - not.

Kudos to mom for being comfortable enough with herself and her daughter to post the comment.

I am sure your niece-in-law is a very beautiful young woman - regardless of her dress size!

And BTW - Lane Bryant has some GREAT sales! 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Amen....took the words right off my fingers...lol

I see nothing wrong with it.

Add in that the mom tends to be rude and snarky i could see why you and her DD might be upset but it definitely isnt any big deal.

LB has some dang cute stuff, and be honest us plus size.people look better in clothes that fit than trying to ignore it and shop inappropriately.

Quoting nuts4scouts:

Nothing inappropriate about the post at all.

This is a store that the daughter obviously shops at.

You ave no real idea exactly why the post was taken down. It seems that you are the one uncomfortable with someone alluding to the fact that someone might actually be (gasp!) a plus size.

Good grief!  What gives you the right to imply that there is something wrong with this girl? What gives you the right to say that she should hide, or be embarrassed by, the stores she shops at?

What a great role model you are - not.

Kudos to mom for being comfortable enough with herself and her daughter to post the comment.

I am sure your niece-in-law is a very beautiful young woman - regardless of her dress size!

And BTW - Lane Bryant has some GREAT sales! 

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I really don't see anything wrong with it.  What it comes down to is whether it bothered her daughter or not.  Me personally, if someone had posted this I wouldn't have given it a second thought

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)