Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Her uncle found out about her boyfriend.

Posted by   + Show Post

my brother in law (dh's twin) is a very over protective uncle.  He doesnt see the kids that often and its not usually overbearing or anything.  doesnt over step his boundaries.  He recently got facebook and i guess was going thru my dd's timeline this morning.  He discovered she has a boyfriend.  Dh and I are both very well aware of the boy. So my bil calls dh this morning to find out the scoop.  so my bil posts this on her wall this morning for the world to see

Hi honey its your uncle I did not know you have a boyfriend - I will be stopping by this week to visit you guys and I want to meet this boyfriend of yours. I love you

Lol  can't wait for her to wake up and see her fb. 

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Replies (21-27):
13579nlm
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:36 PM

"awh shit.."

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I can't wait for the boyfriend to see the post!   He thought he was golden after meeting the Dad....now he has to meet the Uncle...  Bwahahaha

steelcrazy
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Awesome!  Reminds me of how my uncles were when I was in HS.

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM

That is a whole other story.

Quoting GleekingOut:

Well, the one I'm referring to IS 21.

Quoting chattycassie:

I would never allow my daughter to "date" a boy I have not met, that is a requirement in our home.

Quoting GleekingOut:

Haha, my DD is extremely private with her relationships. I'd be surprised if she'd allow ME to meet a bf of hers let alone her grandfather (the only super protective person in our family)

trayseehalf
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Sounds good to me!! lol

JessicaR7
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I don't see anything wrong with the uncle's post.  I have a big, overbearing family, and everyone is in everyone's business. It's good the kids know they are accountable to all the adults in the family.  These embarrassing moments are character building moments for teens. 

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM
If my stepbrother did that to Lexie, she would probably be like, huh? LOL. But if my bro were still alive, he would TOTALLY do something like that. Actually...He probably would've been waiting at the door the night of their first date! 😄

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

I guess I'm in the minority, my DD is 15 and has a good relationship with all 3 of my Dh's brother's but I would be annoyed if my BIL ever did that. Not thinking any of the 3 ever would, it would be weird to my DD.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabl1970
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM
:)

Quoting Txlisa7969:

My nephew is in the Army and is a trained sniper.  When he found out my oldest DD had a new boyfriend he posted on her FB to let him know he is lethal at 1000 meters.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)