Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My teen is angry at me.

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 34 Replies

I have a 16 year old dd and we fight all the time because I have anger issues. I have called her fat, ugly, stupid , not good enough, worthless, loser and a bunch of other things. I know I get angry at her for no reason but I tell her that I'm sorry all the time. But she never accepts my apology she just  always gets angry and sad that I have called her these names. I am very sorry to my dd but she can't see how sorry I am. She has told me before that she loves me just because I gave life to her and raised her. But she doesn't love me in any other way.

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm sorry, but I think you need help. Please seek it. 

If you won't seek it for yourself, please seek it for your daughter. If she sees that you want to change, seeking professional help will show her more than just words how sorry you are.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this
So what are you doing about your anger issues? If you are really sorry you would be getting help and changing. I honestly think your daughter has every right to be angry at you.
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow....she has EVERY right to be mad at you. My mother used to do this to me and you know what? Besides the mental issues I now I have, we don't talk. We barely talk unless its to do with her grand children....if your arguing with her about something, and you feel the need to call her a name - WALK AWAY!
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM
You need counseling. After you get help you and your dd need to go together to work through how you treated her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Words are powerful weapons.  Once the words are spoken, they simply can not be retracted.   You can apologize until you are blue in the face....but she still heard the mean words, they can't be erased.

You know you have anger issues, you know you take it out on your daughter, what are you doing about it??

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Well of course she feels that way, may be time to get yourself some help before you loose your DD completely.

02nana07
by Ida on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I don't blame her you should send her to live with someone that would love her while you get help.  Even if she forgives you she will never forget and if you repeat the action you are not sorry.

jojo_star
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I don't blame her. She's a child, you are her mother, and you've called her unforgivable things. She's a child, it doesn't matter to her that you are sorry, because you obviously will do it again, so it doesn't mean anything to her. Get help. 

bizzeemom2717
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:19 PM

The one positive in this sad situation is that you realize you have a problem and have anger issues. You also realize that you are hurting and wounding your daughter deeply. what are you doing to help fix the situation since you love your daughter I'm assuming very much and do not want her to be hurt anymore? If you are unwilling to go to familoy counseling as well as counseling for yourself ASAP is there any other alternative home for your DD to live in so that she can feel loved and secure until you get the help you need? Your number one concern needs to of course be your DD's wellbeing, sounds like that is truly at risk right now. Good Luck.

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I agree with this. She needs to live in a safe and loving environment.

Quoting 02nana07:

I don't blame her you should send her to live with someone that would love her while you get help.  Even if she forgives you she will never forget and if you repeat the action you are not sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN