Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Advice Needed: This is really hard I have a 17 yr old...

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

This is really hard I have a 17 yr.old daughter who is bi-polar and has a 7 month old baby. She is not taking her meds. instead she lies to me. The baby's father is incarcerated for abusing the baby. I have done everything I can to support her .Yet she treats me horribly what can I do? I realize this is a difficult time for her the decisions or choices she has made have at times been reckless. I know it;s hard being a teen age mother as well as just being a teen but why treat me badly?

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jennanonymous
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I would try my best to get custody of your granddaughter if that is a responsibility you are willing to take on. Bi-polar disorder is very serious and if she is not taking her medication it could put her and her baby at risk. I pray she isnt self medicating with alcohol or drug use like many I know do. My mother is bi-polar and a sicial alcoholic (how she deals with the constant highs and lows) she hasnt been able to self-medicate due to her new bf not approving of her going out so things have been horrible. My 16 yr old sister is living with us due to the craziness that would go on under my mothers roof. A very unstable, walking on egg shells environment that started to get physical.
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I would get custody of your grandchild. That child doesn't have a prayer if you don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I wouldn't worry for one second about how she treats you. I'd be worried about the baby and only the baby. And I'd go for custody of the child. Document the heck out of your daughter's behavior; videotape it if needed. If she appears to be a danger to herself or the baby you could possibly get her into a treatment program.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Yep I absolutely agree with this.  Your grandchild needs to be your top priority right now.  

Quoting gdiamante:

I wouldn't worry for one second about how she treats you. I'd be worried about the baby and only the baby. And I'd go for custody of the child. Document the heck out of your daughter's behavior; videotape it if needed. If she appears to be a danger to herself or the baby you could possibly get her into a treatment program.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM

This

Quoting gdiamante:

MrsBLB
by Missi on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM

((hugs))

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I also agree with this. The baby should be the first priority. 

My sister is bi-polar, and so I can relate somewhat to what you're going through. She doesn't have any children though.

hugs

Quoting gdiamante:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)