Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WARNING Do not read if you are offended by political opinions I just thought it was interesting not intended to offend.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Ida
  • 54 Replies
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the writer doesn't fully understand how the government works and economics, but given the history of how Tennessee votes, I think it will be favorably received by most in Chattanooga.

First, the bill would be written by the congress. They would be the one that put the bill in front of Obama. Yes, he signed it. But without line item vetos, there is a lot of crap thrown into bills that ALL presidents sign for. If I lived in Chattanooga, honestly I'd be more pissed at the Tennessee federal representatives for putting that in the bill than the President for signing it.

I also have two parents that are economist, and I can tell you that they'd probably disagree with this paragraph:

Quote:

That’s because your jobs creation plans so far have included a ridiculous government spending spree and punitive tax increase on job creators that were passed, as well as a minimum wage increase that, thankfully, was not. Economists — and regular folks with a basic understanding of math — understand that these are three of the most damaging policies imaginable when a country is mired in unemployment and starving for job growth.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Barabell:

I think the writer doesn't fully understand how the government works and economics, but given the history of how Tennessee votes, I think it will be favorably received by most in Chattanooga.

First, the bill would be written by the congress. They would be the one that put the bill in front of Obama. Yes, he signed it. But without line item vetos, there is a lot of crap thrown into bills that ALL presidents sign for. If I lived in Chattanooga, honestly I'd be more pissed at the Tennessee federal representatives for putting that in the bill than the President for signing it.

I also have two parents that are economist, and I can tell you that they'd probably disagree with this paragraph:

Quote:

That’s because your jobs creation plans so far have included a ridiculous government spending spree and punitive tax increase on job creators that were passed, as well as a minimum wage increase that, thankfully, was not. Economists — and regular folks with a basic understanding of math — understand that these are three of the most damaging policies imaginable when a country is mired in unemployment and starving for job growth.

I agree, it was a tough read for me and no disrespect, but I'm glad I don't live in TN if this is the way the majority thinks...

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I think the writer is not an Obama fan.... to say the least.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Coming from the Peoples Republic of Illinois, where our current resident of the Oval office learned all about entitlement creation and spend, spend, spend, shake the magic money tree, and spend more economic theories that he dragged to DC, I agree with most of what the author said.  We have the highest gas prices, along with other sin taxes (because with this president driving is a sin), unemployment rate much higher than the rest of the US and more.  We are a mess and so goes this nation, but hey, since everyone of his jobs cost the country millions is spending, he calls it success. 

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Kids can tell you want they want but it is your job as a parent to say no if it isn't what is best for them.  I think the same applies here he signed it so it was his decision and he gets the blame for anything he signs as far as I am concerned. On the other hand everything he has done he blames on Bush or someone else if it is bad and takes the credit if it is good.

Quoting Barabell:

Quote:

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I am proud to be from Tennessee our votes didn't help him get elected.  

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting Barabell:

Quote:

I agree, it was a tough read for me and no disrespect, but I'm glad I don't live in TN if this is the way the majority thinks...

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM

LOL most people from here aren't.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I think the writer is not an Obama fan.... to say the least.

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM

He has cut everything that doesn't pertain to them such as vacation after vacation because as Michelle said living in the white house is like being in prison. 

Quoting my2kidsmom9498:

Coming from the Peoples Republic of Illinois, where our current resident of the Oval office learned all about entitlement creation and spend, spend, spend, shake the magic money tree, and spend more economic theories that he dragged to DC, I agree with most of what the author said.  We have the highest gas prices, along with other sin taxes (because with this president driving is a sin), unemployment rate much higher than the rest of the US and more.  We are a mess and so goes this nation, but hey, since everyone of his jobs cost the country millions is spending, he calls it success. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm not sure why you keep posting these anti-Obama and/or anti-Democratic Party posts in here. It's not a politics group. It's a mom of teens group where people need support, not divide. 

I'm not sure why I responded to this post. I still think the author of that opinion is in an idiot making the opinion based on the political parties instead of where the actual blame lies (i.e. the federal representatives, which are probably Republican so we don't want to point fingers that way). I thought it would be "safe" enough to point that out without getting a negative response. But obviously not.

So I've decided I'm just going to leave this one response at this, and I'm going to ask you to please quit making these posts that will polarize moms instead of trying to have us support each other. 

Quoting 02nana07:

Kids can tell you want they want but it is your job as a parent to say no if it isn't what is best for them.  I think the same applies here he signed it so it was his decision and he gets the blame for anything he signs as far as I am concerned. On the other hand everything he has done he blames on Bush or someone else if it is bad and takes the credit if it is good.

Quoting Barabell:

Quote:

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Sorry if I offended you this was just something in our paper my boys as well as others in the neighborhood read the paper and watch the news.  It is not meant to divide, everyone in our family doesn't agree on the president  some were for and some against I even took my kids to the voting booth to show them how you vote it shouldn't matter who other people vote for or like everyone should decide for themselves that is what I taught my children.  We send each other articles for or against and laugh about it so again this isn't meant to offend anyone.

Quoting Barabell:

I'm not sure why you keep posting these anti-Obama and/or anti-Democratic Party posts in here. It's not a politics group. It's a mom of teens group where people need support, not divide. 

I'm not sure why I responded to this post. I still think the author of that opinion is in an idiot making the opinion based on the political parties instead of where the actual blame lies (i.e. the federal representatives, which are probably Republican so we don't want to point fingers that way). I thought it would be "safe" enough to point that out without getting a negative response. But obviously not.

So I've decided I'm just going to leave this one response at this, and I'm going to ask you to please quit making these posts that will polarize moms instead of trying to have us support each other. 

Quoting 02nana07:

Quoting Barabell:

Quote:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)