Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Now I'm sure that I'm not alone in this predicament, but I'm wondering if it lasts for most of the teen years or just a short amount of time?  I don't now if I can afford for my son to be eating anything and everything all of the time for several years, especially when I have another son just 3 years younger.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Replies (11-17):
HilbillyMamaof3
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I remember my brothers eating like that. A dozen eggs and a loaf of bread for breakfast
momsince1985
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 6 kids, only two are still "teens" but yeah... it lasts. My 28 year old son is still a bottomless pit - but he's his wifes problem now :D
02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I don't think it ends between my husband and my sons I don't know who eats the most.  I started using coupons again to save money and look for sales or they would go hungry.

MrsBLB
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:01 AM

It's a teen thing...

vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Yep, teens will eat you out of house and home.  All three of mine are (were) swimmers as well.  So double the already huge food consumption during swim season!

steelcrazy
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 4:18 PM

My son plays tennis and I am always shocked at how much he puts away after tennis practice.

Quoting vlynn.iowa:

Yep, teens will eat you out of house and home.  All three of mine are (were) swimmers as well.  So double the already huge food consumption during swim season!

BabMonroe
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Teens are always looking for food. Hormones go crazy during these reckless years. try buying variety packs of food. its cheaper & you get plenty for your money. Try making bigger meals throughout the day so your child doesnt get urges to snack like crazy as the day goes on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN