Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Less than 10 hours and my 15 y.o. is in well a.....tizzy LOL

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 23 Replies

Our city's Sci-Fi con starts at midnight tonight...LOL...be still my beating heart LOL

My husband and our teens will be there at noon ,I may not see them again until Sun night lol who knows? The thing that has my 15 y.o. REALLY  excited is he won a drawing and will be in a small group meeting ...less than 50 people ...for a couple of hours with one of the recent Dr.Who's .Excited doesn't quite describe him hahahahahaha.

Our 16 y.o. has discovered they will have 24 hour a day game tables included in the price for the weekend pass these  include his favorite game Magic.

They are a couple of happy guys these days plus the girl my  16 y.o. son has a massive crush on said yes to the movies Mon .night. I purposefully bwahahaha suggested he could skip the convention Sat night and take her out....he looked at me like I grew 5 heads  and spluttered awhile.It was funny....such a mean mom sometimes.

Though my husband is playing it cool ,I can tell he is very excited also.

So am I .....about 60 hours of pure freedom   : D

Are your kids into Sci Fi ?

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM

OH MY.....my kids would be bouncing off the walls.  They are both into Dr. Who and lots of other Sci Fi.  Hope your guys have an awesome time!

steelcrazy
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM

It sounds like you are as excited as your boys.  Then again, what mom doesn't get excited about hours upon hours of freedom!

No one in my house is ino Sci Fi.  About as close as they get is liking star Wars. lol

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Quoting fammatthews4:

OH MY.....my kids would be bouncing off the walls.  They are both into Dr. Who and lots of other Sci Fi.  Hope your guys have an awesome time!

Someone in N.C.'s group had a Dr Who post up last winter or fall.I commented ,she asked what state we were in and linked me.It has not been widely advertised here till very recently.We saved a fortune thanks to that mom.I bought passes for the entire weekend for the cost of Sat because we were very early buyers.They have prices discounted depending on how early you buy.I now get emails regularly ...haha ...but for that type of savings I'll take em.My 15 y.o. alternates about dressing up or not...haha ...currently he is not but just wait a minute.My 16 y.o. is ummm too cool ....haha.

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I am looking forward to the freedom to just come and go.But it is also not hard to get excited ...they are SO looking forward to it.Though I was impressed with them.They were going together in the morning after breakfast but their dad had a client set up a meeting via skype from Qatar so it is at 7 am .Our teens decided to wait for their dad .

Star Wars and after 33 years a LITTLE bit of Dr.Who is my personal sci-fi limit.My husband starting watching Dr.Who in grad school shortly after we married...maybe it was for the best it was after we were married ....LOL

Quoting steelcrazy:

It sounds like you are as excited as your boys.  Then again, what mom doesn't get excited about hours upon hours of freedom!

No one in my house is ino Sci Fi.  About as close as they get is liking star Wars. lol

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Not sci fi, but dd went to anima conventions.  Dh and dd play Magic and Dungeons and Dragons.  Ds and I can't stand any of it.  Dd was the president of the Gamers club in high school and is in the club on campus. 

ForeverLawst
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I am so jealous. My DD would be all over that too. =) 

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:16 AM
They do discounts like that for the anime conventions too. As soon as this years convention is over next years tickets go on sale and the earlier you buy the less expensive they are. The thing that got me last year for the big convention they like to go to is you no longer can buy single day passes. If you want to go Friday the ticket you buy is for all three days, Saturday the ticket is for two days.

I'm going to look into any sci-FI conventions around here.

Quoting drfink:

Quoting fammatthews4:

Someone in N.C.'s group had a Dr Who post up last winter or fall.I commented ,she asked what state we were in and linked me.It has not been widely advertised here till very recently.We saved a fortune thanks to that mom.I bought passes for the entire weekend for the cost of Sat because we were very early buyers.They have prices discounted depending on how early you buy.I now get emails regularly ...haha ...but for that type of savings I'll take em.My 15 y.o. alternates about dressing up or not...haha ...currently he is not but just wait a minute.My 16 y.o. is ummm too cool ....haha.

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM

my daughter and SIL are taking their kids to dragoncon and my daughter is counting down the days she loves it and the kids enjoy it too it is for 4 days I think.

PurpleHazey
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Wow that is really cool

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Cool! Sounds like a great time.

My husband is really into Sci fi. He would go bananas over that, our boys will watch some things but they aren't to into it~ yet. Our dd is not interested at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN