Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Ran into an old classmate today....

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM
  • 22 Replies
She informed me she just became a Grandma. That makes four women I've ran into that I went to school with that are or will be grandmothers!!! WTH, I'm 33!!!!
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Wow.
I know my boyfriend I had in high school, his mom was at 32. His mom was 16 and so was his sister. His Mom let her marry before her junior year. Not pregnant even. She got pregnant junior year and quit school after she got pregnant quickly. Had the baby the summer right before she turned 17.
Crazy!!!
Heck I hope I am 60 or near it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Wow ,that is young.I don't know I would want to be called grandma at 33...not out of embarrassment but vanity LOL

I am 55 ,my 28 y.o. son just got engaged...YAY and my 22 y.o. and her bf are serious but she told me they are not getting engaged till after they both graduate next year so not for at least a couple of years.My future D-I-L is 26 and so he told me they want to be married a year then become pregnant .So not a very long time .

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:54 PM
My friend who just turned 50 told her dd she could NOT call her grandma. She was Mimi and that her grandaughter better call her that too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

My friend who just turned 50 told her dd she could NOT call her grandma. She was Mimi and that her grandaughter better call her that too.

LOL go MIMI !!!!

For some reason I don't remember we would tease my grandmother by  calling her Granny for fun....we called her MaMa....she would tell my sister ,cousins and me ONLY her great grandchildren could call her Granny.She was a very young 78 when my oldest was born.They still traveled around the world and were very busy.During my pregnancy we all started calling her Granny ...uh oh big no go !!!!!!!! All her great grand children called MaMa also LOL no granny here .

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Wow 33 is young to be a grandma.  Were they young mothers?  I remember when I told my Dad I was pregnant with my oldest he told me he was too young to be a grandpa, he was 45.  Of course it didn't help that I had an almost 2 year old sister at the time LOL

steelcrazy
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I have a close friend who became a grandma at 34, I still had a preschooler at that age.  I doubt that I'll be a grandma much before 50, especially since I had my first at 28.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I have friends I went to school with that are granparents, and have been. Then I have other friends who are just starting out on parenting.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My SD had a baby when I was 38. Lol he's 3 I go by 'G'my Dh is Pops

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I know several of my old classmates (I still live in the town I graduated from) that have grandkids the same age of my youngest who will be 7 this month.  I told my DDs who are amost 14 and 16 I DO NOT want to be a Grandma for at least another 10 years minimum lol.  Now I do have a chance of becoming a "step" Grandma sooner since my Dh's kids from his first marriage are several years older.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I am a step grandma.  It is a lot of fun!  Most people are surprised to find out that I have grown children.... when I introduce our Grandchildren...  the looks on peoples faces is priceless!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)