Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

High school fees.....

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm just curious how much your teens school fees are. Ours where $90 just as a base. Once classes start each class usually has individual fees ranging from $10-20 per class. Post how much your fees are and what state you live in. This should be interesting :-)
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
pokey-pwa
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here...I live in Texas as well and we dont have any school fees.  We have to pay $25 for a parking pass in HS and then any extra curricular activites have their own fees of course (band, cheer, sports, clubs, etc).  They have different things during the school year that cost money like entrance into football games or other sports as well as Prom, Sadie and all that.  Some classes that are related to ECs like FFA is linked to the AG classes, you do pay dues for that.

Quoting Txlisa7969:

I am in Texas and to be quite honest I have never heard of yearly "school fees."  That being said if your child is involved in sports, band, drill team, cheerleading, etc there are fees associated with them.  My oldest DD is a Sophomore this year and is in band.  We have to pay $100 for band camp and $75 a year band fees.  At one point she was considering drill team and that costs a minimum of $600 but most of the parents said it ran more like $1000.  She decided against it because it would interfere with some of her honor classes and she is more focused on her acedemics rather than extracurricular. 

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM

My question for those that school have such fees, what happens if a family can't afford it?  Seriously.  Our school district is in a working class community.  I know more than a few families that couldn't afford some of the fees that are listed just for normal classes, not including EC stuff.  My ODD did say that when she takes dual credit college classes next year that a book fee is required.  I don't have an issue with that since she is getting college credit for those course too.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM

public school - zero fees.

unless you are in a sport.  they have requests for donations, but no required fees.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Really? I graduated 24 years ago and had to pay for parking.

Quoting huntersmom1007:

When did schools decide they could charge for every little thing.  I about fell out of my chair when she showed me the cost to park at the school.  I never paid for parking.  They even have levels.  I can't remember the prices but the first level is just to be able to drive to school and park in an open lot.  The second level was a reserved area closer to the school and the third most expensive was to get an assigned spot that you could paint on to make it personal. 

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I didn't realize that my kids had school fee's. I knew about the extra curricular ones and paid for those, but when my oldest hit high school, they sent me a bill for all of the previous years and said if it wasn't paid he couldn't walk the graduation ceremony and wouldn't get a diploma.

Quoting Txlisa7969:

My question for those that school have such fees, what happens if a family can't afford it?  Seriously.  Our school district is in a working class community.  I know more than a few families that couldn't afford some of the fees that are listed just for normal classes, not including EC stuff.  My ODD did say that when she takes dual credit college classes next year that a book fee is required.  I don't have an issue with that since she is getting college credit for those course too.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I can't remember what the breakdown was cause I just paid them all their fees their senior year. 

For my oldest it was $105, the next was $120, the next was $125 and the last was $135.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Ours is public too. Hs fees are expensive.

Quoting sahlady:

public school - zero fees.

unless you are in a sport.  they have requests for donations, but no required fees.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I live in MS they will total about $100.

Magsmom99
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM

My DD will be starting high school in the fall and her required basic fees total: $75. This does NOT include parking (she doesn't drive, but that is $60/year), student body card ($30), yearbook ($55), and no sports or extra curriculars.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Our parking pass is $150. Well, may be a little more now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)