Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

High school fees.....

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm just curious how much your teens school fees are. Ours where $90 just as a base. Once classes start each class usually has individual fees ranging from $10-20 per class. Post how much your fees are and what state you live in. This should be interesting :-)
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Replies (21-30):
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Holy heck that is expensive!  At our HS parking fees are $10 for the year.  Also, they don't have to pay for their student ID unless they lose it then it's a $3 replacement fee.  

Quoting atlmom2:

Our parking pass is $150. Well, may be a little more now.

bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I live in Ontario and our school fees are no where near as high as some of yours. Parking is free first come first serve in the student lot. if parking lot is full use street parking. I paid 50 bucks first kid 40 there after for fees ie locker,lock, book deposit and yr book. Some classes have individual fees like art and some of the tech courses nbut those fees where only in the range of 10 to 25 bucks. Band DD had her own instrument so no rental there. Now if they played sports there were fees attached it was a basic 25 bucks for sports like cross crountry and track but football was another 100 on top of that and hockey was 250 on top of the 25.

Some of the fees your quoting would make it impossible for alot of students to participate in the extras

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:07 AM

we dont have fees ike most of you do.  like there is no partking fee because there is no parking lot at either of my kids high schools.   senior dues will run me about $600 each pus prom and i'm not sure of the senior trip.  They both just finished freshman year and my son had an art fee of $10 and my dd's art fee was $15. My sons gym clothes were $25 and my dd doesnt need specific gym clothes just something comfy she can dance in and we bought a school shirt for $15.  my dd's lab fees were s$20  and my sons lab fees were $3  as for extra carricular i have no idea what sports would cost me in my sons school and my dd's school doesnt have any sports.  Theatre for her this past year cost me about $100 in total  with all the showsbut theatre for her is required since she's a theatre major.  almost all of her classes are theatre themed.

coleysmama
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:24 AM
No fees here.
Parking is free & first come first serve. There may be individual special supplies for something like a lab. We rent our own instruments. Clubs are free.
My son joined marching band so I was prepared to pay a hefty price for his uniform and was shocked that it was free.
We do have to pay for replacement of any lost or damaged books or school property and trips. Lunch is paid for by setting up an account and refilling their lunchcard.
I'm on LI, NY with some of the highest property taxes in the country.
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Our clubs are a minimal fee. Not much.

Quoting coleysmama:

No fees here.

Parking is free & first come first serve. There may be individual special supplies for something like a lab. We rent our own instruments. Clubs are free.

My son joined marching band so I was prepared to pay a hefty price for his uniform and was shocked that it was free.

We do have to pay for replacement of any lost or damaged books or school property and trips. Lunch is paid for by setting up an account and refilling their lunchcard.

I'm on LI, NY with some of the highest property taxes in the country.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM

This year, his fees will be $0 since he's only in 7th grade.  Our middle school doesn't have fees.  Once he is in HS, he will have lab fees, sports fees (he plays tennis), and a parking pass fee once he is driving to school.  There are no fees to just attend classes though, only for the extra things.  I live in PA and our district doesn't have any fees for elementary or middle school and very few fees for HS.

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM

My daughter will start high school this month and her fees are 200, she goes to a charter school

proudmother5946
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Uniform t shirts. $35 for 5 shirts
Athletic card $5
School bus round trip $270
One way. $130
I can't remember the rest. I just wrote checks for whatever they said.
I live on kauai.
SAMI_JO
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Ours for 9th grade in Alabama is $90.

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM

$20 for a PE uniform, but it's not required to buy the school uniform. I understand there's a parking fee but that's immaterial for us right now since my son won't be driving for at least 2 more years.

No other fees for mandatory school items; state law forbids it for California public schools.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)