Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Locker decorating

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 36 Replies

I will freely admit to cutting pictures of half naked men out of magazines to hang in my locker in HS.  Sure I had a magnetic mirror there too, a girl has to make sure that she is looking good at all times.  lol  I was shocked to discover how much stuff that they make to decorate a locker now.  They even have freakin' chandeliers for your locker?!?!?!?!?!  I'm not even sure how that would work, batteries maybe?

Any way, does your teen decorate their locker?  What kind of fun things do they have?

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Mine never did a thing. Friends decorated the outside on their bday. That was it. Sports teams get decorated lockers. ROfLMAO on chandeliers. Our school is even known as the rich kids school. Still don't do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM
My DD's school doesn't allow that. Only pics on inside
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Well I decorate my dd's locker, I don't think she would care either way, but I buy stuff and bring it when she has to pick up her schedule. My dd is not a teen though, she's 11.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Our school is picky and you cannot ruin the paint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM

not allowed here and they would know because of random locker checks looking for drugs

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM

My DS doesn't. My 12 yr old DD has a mirror, magnets, and some pictures.

SouthernMamaof1
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Students at my school decorate their lockers with pictures, mirrors, magnets, and organizers. 

The teachers decorate their lockers too.  We put footballs on the outside of the football players' lockers with their names on them.  We do the same for soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, archery, cheerleading, wrestling, golf, choir, and band. During state testing week, we put little motivational notes on their lockers with a piece of candy like...You are a smartie. I know you'll do your extra best on the test (taped to the locker with a pack of smarties).

Teaching~"Once you master the art of facing a room full of teenagers, and come out alive, you can do ANYTHING."

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:49 PM

hahaha, I saw that locker chandelier in the Target back to school booklet they sent me. I says it's an LED light that's battery operated, and I think it's magnetic. I think it's kind of cute, but not something at all that my son would get....for obvious reasons.

My son does not decorate his locker. His junior high has 3 stories plus a basement, so he often doesn't have time to go to his locker. He's often going between floors on stairs with tons of other students between classes and only has 10 minutes to get from A to B. Last year, I don't think he had any classes back-to-back on the same floor, plus his locker was on the 3rd floor for most of the year.

I didn't have a locker in high school or junior high. The school district I attended gave us a set of books for home, and then there was a book on every desk. So you didn't need to carry your books to school unless you intended to study during lunch.

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM

My daughter had a cute mirror and some magnets in her locker but nothing on the outside.None of my sons had anything but industrial strength shelves in their locker.Our school doesn't seem to do a lot of interior decorating.The ABC ...athletic booster club student division ...will put signs and posters up for games as do other extracurricular activities and girls put bday signs or streamers but that is all.

steelcrazy
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM

At least you know what I'm talking about.  It had me cracking up an wondering if girls really put things like that in their lockers.  (I didn't actually read the description though, just looked and the picture.)

Our elementary works the same as your school did.  A set of books for home and then books in each classroom.  Your math book never leaves the math room because the other students need it for math, etc.  In middle and HS they have lockers, but they don't have much time to spend there since they only have 4 minutes between classes, which is insane to me.

Quoting Barabell:

hahaha, I saw that locker chandelier in the Target back to school booklet they sent me. I says it's an LED light that's battery operated, and I think it's magnetic. I think it's kind of cute, but not something at all that my son would get....for obvious reasons.

My son does not decorate his locker. His junior high has 3 stories plus a basement, so he often doesn't have time to go to his locker. He's often going between floors on stairs with tons of other students between classes and only has 10 minutes to get from A to B. Last year, I don't think he had any classes back-to-back on the same floor, plus his locker was on the 3rd floor for most of the year.

I didn't have a locker in high school or junior high. The school district I attended gave us a set of books for home, and then there was a book on every desk. So you didn't need to carry your books to school unless you intended to study during lunch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN