Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

OHIO...

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 6:45 PM
  • 21 Replies
Campgrounds, any recommendations. Looking for a family, fun campground, preferably on Lake Erie, but atleast within 20 minutes of Sandusky.

When I say family fun, something appealing to 13/14 year old woodsy, kids!
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahlady
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I know nothing about campgrounds... and the only thing I know of Ohio is that they have a nice amusement park (but I dont know where).  Best of luck.

hancex6
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM
My DH grew up in Columbus, but he was a city boy, & that was 30 some years ago, lol. Yes amusement Park, Cedar Point is actually why we are going, & it's in Sandusky. I was hoping there might be some OH moms on here, fingers crossed:)

Quoting sahlady:

I know nothing about campgrounds... and the only thing I know of Ohio is that they have a nice amusement park (but I dont know where).  Best of luck.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I would try an ohio group.  I know that have groups on cm for many different states.

Quoting hancex6:

My DH grew up in Columbus, but he was a city boy, & that was 30 some years ago, lol. Yes amusement Park, Cedar Point is actually why we are going, & it's in Sandusky. I was hoping there might be some OH moms on here, fingers crossed:)

Quoting sahlady:

hancex6
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM
OMG...I am such a blonde (no offense to Blondes), but I didn't even think of that, will see if there is one...Thank You:)

Quoting sahlady:

I would try an ohio group.  I know that have groups on cm for many different states.

Quoting hancex6:

Quoting sahlady:

steelcrazy
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM

There are actually two huge amusement parks in Ohio - Cedar Point in Sandusky and King's Island near Cincinnai.  There used to be a KOA fairy close to Cedar Point, not sure if it is still there or not since I haven't been to Cedar Point in over 25 years now.  If my foggy memory serves, Cecar Point has their own camp ground.

Quoting hancex6:

Quoting sahlady:

hancex6
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Cedar point does have there campground, but even though it is off season, it is the busiest weekends, Halloweekend opening:(. So we are looking for a somewhat quieter place;). Yes there is a KOA, just from online searching, found a handful, and was wondering which one would be good. Do you by chance know if KOA allow public, I always thought they were only like an association campground. Tells you how much I know about campgrounds, lol. That's what we get for staying at the same one over, & over again;)

Quoting steelcrazy:

There are actually two huge amusement parks in Ohio - Cedar Point in Sandusky and King's Island near Cincinnai.  There used to be a KOA fairy close to Cedar Point, not sure if it is still there or not since I haven't been to Cedar Point in over 25 years now.  If my foggy memory serves, Cecar Point has their own camp ground.

Quoting hancex6:

Quoting sahlady:

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
KOA is not an association. Anyone can stay there. As far as other campgrounds let me see if my SIL remembers what campground she stayed at. It may be a little bit of a drive to the amusement park though.

Quoting hancex6:

Cedar point does have there campground, but even though it is off season, it is the busiest weekends, Halloweekend opening:(. So we are looking for a somewhat quieter place;). Yes there is a KOA, just from online searching, found a handful, and was wondering which one would be good. Do you by chance know if KOA allow public, I always thought they were only like an association campground. Tells you how much I know about campgrounds, lol. That's what we get for staying at the same one over, & over again;)

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting hancex6:

Quoting sahlady:

hancex6
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM
That would be great, we are hoping to be within 20-30 minutes, but if it is a good one may be worth a drive:). Would just really be nice to know it is family friendly since we have 4 kids.

Quoting fammatthews4:

KOA is not an association. Anyone can stay there. As far as other campgrounds let me see if my SIL remembers what campground she stayed at. It may be a little bit of a drive to the amusement park though.

Quoting hancex6:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting hancex6:

Quoting sahlady:

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM
It was farther away than that I think. It was on Marble head. It was family friendly. She stayed there with our two kids who were 10 & 12 at the time (I think). DH and I checked in with them at night (we stayed at my dad's about 10 mins away). Whenever we stayed there at Dad's we went to CP by boat so I don't know what the drive is. I'll do some looking online and see if I can figure out where it was.

Quoting hancex6:

That would be great, we are hoping to be within 20-30 minutes, but if it is a good one may be worth a drive:). Would just really be nice to know it is family friendly since we have 4 kids.

Quoting fammatthews4:

Quoting hancex6:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting hancex6:

Quoting sahlady:

hancex6
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM
No you're right Marblehead had a couple campgrounds, it is one of the places I was looking at. Wonder if it was a State Park. It is actually okay because that would put us between Toledo and Sandusky, we want to hit the African Safari in Toledo one day. See I know all the attractions, lol just nothing about the campgrounds. We used to always stay in hotels til we got so many kids, lol.

Quoting fammatthews4:

It was farther away than that I think. It was on Marble head. It was family friendly. She stayed there with our two kids who were 10 & 12 at the time (I think). DH and I checked in with them at night (we stayed at my dad's about 10 mins away). Whenever we stayed there at Dad's we went to CP by boat so I don't know what the drive is. I'll do some looking online and see if I can figure out where it was.

Quoting hancex6:

Quoting fammatthews4:

Quoting hancex6:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting hancex6:

Quoting sahlady:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)