Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Indian curry dishes, in general?

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Replies (21-28):
Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Quoting Tink0711:

Would prob like if I didn't have issues with spicy food from my (non existant) gallbladder.

I've had my gallbladder removed too, but I can eat spicy food in moderation. It took a few years before I could eat it again though.

Tink0711
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Mine was removed in May 2009 & I still have issues even with slightly spicy food. Df has had to stop using most spices in his cooking cause I will get sick from even a little bit of garlic salt.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting Tink0711:

Would prob like if I didn't have issues with spicy food from my (non existant) gallbladder.

I've had my gallbladder removed too, but I can eat spicy food in moderation. It took a few years before I could eat it again though.

mimimom139
by Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Never had, but would love to try.

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 7, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Wow, you're a lot more sensitive that I was. Mine was removed right after my son was born, so over 13 years ago. It took about a year or two before things improved. I can now eat spicy food in moderation.

I found when I increase my fiber intake that I can handle more spicy food. I've been thinking about adding a daily fiber supplement, but haven't yet.

Quoting Tink0711:

Mine was removed in May 2009 & I still have issues even with slightly spicy food. Df has had to stop using most spices in his cooking cause I will get sick from even a little bit of garlic salt.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting Tink0711:

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM

It's really good if it's authentic. We have a great Indian restaurant chain in our area that offers a lunch buffet that I love. It's a great way to try the different Indian foods without committing to one dish that you might not like.

Quoting mimimom139:

kelseyrae622
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mimimom139
by Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Quoting Barabell:

It's really good if it's authentic. We have a great Indian restaurant chain in our area that offers a lunch buffet that I love. It's a great way to try the different Indian foods without committing to one dish that you might not like.

Quoting mimimom139:

We don't have an Indian restaurant around here. Mexican and Chinese is about as exotic as we get around here :-(
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM
I'm pretty indifferent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)