Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we found another note

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 11 Replies

my daughter has an ex friend that basically stalked her for the better part of a year. He never crossed a line that would allow me to get the law involved. Nothing i could prove anyway.  One of the things he would do was leave notes for her in places that he would hope she would find.  i live in an old brick building that has lots of holes in the bricks or loose bricks.  last night we found an old note stuffed into a whole in the wall. it had gotten wet it looked like and had dried.  most of the note was unreadable.  IT was addressed to my daughter and i was able  to make out where it said I love you.  it also said I hope you enjoy  then something unreadable then it said I'm gonna take ur life.  he didn't sign it at least not that i could make out.  It  also looks like it had been there a long time. He's been gone for a few months now so i don't want to stir the pot. but holy crap was that scary to find.  She wonders why i dont like to let her out of my sight when she is outside. i guess its possible it wasn't him but she is pretty sure it was his handwriting and who else is going to leave a note addressed to her and stick into a wall.

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Wow that is scary.  So glad for her sake that he is out of the picture.

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Scary. I hope he's truly out of her life now.

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Oh my ,really glad he is gone.Hope he stays that way.

deb51980
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Oy...I'd take the note to the police just to have it on the books so the handwriting could be compared to a note in the future.  Just because you cannot read the note does not mean that a police lab technician can't.\  

In the meantime you and your daughter stay alert.  What a horrible situation......

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM

That's scary. I hope he is far away and stays away!

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM
That was my first thought. At least have a report on file so they know there is a problem

Quoting deb51980:

Oy...I'd take the note to the police just to have it on the books so the handwriting could be compared to a note in the future.  Just because you cannot read the note does not mean that a police lab technician can't.\  

In the meantime you and your daughter stay alert.  What a horrible situation......

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Not good, :( Glad he's out of her life

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Yeah u know i think thats a good idea  I"ve been to them before several times hoping sooner or later something he did would be good enough to get the law involved.  The most i was able to get was for a police offer to tell him to stay away from my daughter  But that was because i showed up at the train station to pick her up from school and he was there.  I flipped out and a cop was nearby so he came over to ask what was happening  I couldnt prove that he had been waiting there for hours and that he didnt just get off a train.   But the police have a record of everything he's done 

Quoting deb51980:

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Its been a few months now,  The last time we saw him was back in may.  This is the longest hes gone without making contact so we are keeping fingers crossed he stays away this time.  I'm a little concerned when she starts going back to school next month.

Quoting Barabell:

Scary. I hope he's truly out of her life now.

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I would file a report and if you have anything he has signed take it with you and they can match the writing. 

To have it on file will help if he starts again.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)