Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

10 going on 25 **language**

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM
  • 7 Replies

I have  a 10 year old who will be 11 in less than 2 weeks.   Last night i was sititng outside talking with a friend of mine.  mY 10 year old, my other dd, her boyfriend and my sons best friend who is like another son to me. when my 10 year old decides to ask the question who is stronger men or women,.  everyone started to give their opinions.  She then went on to say that women were stronger because we can give birth and men would/could not put up with that kind of pain.  So my sons friend who is 15 and my dd's boyfriend who is also around the same age both say sure they could  So my dd looks at my sons friend and says yeah let me see u push out a watermelon out of ur dick.   Soon as she said that my chin hit the floor,  my friend was tryihng really hard not to laugh out of shock.  my other dd started to laugh and both boys went quiet.  So then i pulled my dd to the side and had a chat about her language and being appropiate.  Told her she can talk about whatever she wants and how somethings may not be suitable for group conversations.  Then I asked her how she could of said it in a more appropiate way and she responded properly. She then apoloigsed for her language to everone.  But holy fudge. This kid has no filter.  She just says whats on her mind.

by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM

My kids have done that a time or two. I usually laugh it off, the tell them to watch what they say.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

You handled that very well.  Oh, kids...gotta love 'em.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Lol funny but not good in a group situation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM

LOL kids speak the truth we just have to help them learn when it is appropriate.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I think you handled it great.  Slip ups do happen.  I just remind mine when they do that it is not to become a habit.  I have to remind my middle DD to "filter" quite often. 

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:59 PM

funny but I would have been shocked also.You did great.

We have a friend that says of his daughter "she never met a thought or a phrase she didn't want to share "It is so true this girl has zero filter.She is nice ,considerate, smart ,sweet just sometimes what she will say ...SMH lol

BabMonroe
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:37 PM

It's okay for kids to slip out a swear word once in a while. They are just testing to what they can get away with. Sometimes they might not even know its a swear word. Correct your child by letting them know its inappropriate & just move on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)