Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Staturory rape 911!

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM
  • 15 Replies
New here need asvice! ss15 but will be 16 at end of month has a 14 ( turned 14 a month ago) girlfriend. Fiancé went through ss phone when ss got I trouble last night. Anyway we found text between the two that show that they were setting up a time for her to come over and for them to have sex. They disvlcussed giving the condoms to my ss13 so he doesn't think they are having sex. Ugh!!!!! She rides two miles back road to our house on her dirt bike. We work 14 days of the month leaving at 445 am and getting home 9pm. We are worried that if her parents find out that he will be charged with statutory rape after he turn 16 as legal age of consent is 16 in nv. Also that she could become pregnant. What do we do? I will be quitting in about 8 months after I get pregnant and am halfway through the pregnancy. But we would like me to continue working right now so we can save more money
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dolcepsle
by on Aug. 10, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
You talk to them with the girls parents present and if it embarrasses them and they temporarily hate you then so be it. You are a parent not a friend. I'd also let a cop talk to him. Better to hear it now than in court.
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 10, 2013 at 4:26 PM
This

Quoting Dolcepsle:

You talk to them with the girls parents present and if it embarrasses them and they temporarily hate you then so be it. You are a parent not a friend. I'd also let a cop talk to him. Better to hear it now than in court.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 10, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Also I just googled statuatory rape laws by state and in your state it's not an issue until one of the parties is over 18 and more than 2 years older than the other party. Even knowing this I would do as prior posters have said and sit them both down and have a heart to heart.

Here's the link I just can't make it clicky. You'll have to cut and paste.
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-r-0376.htm
katydon
by Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 5:15 PM

He's not going to get charged with statutory rape because they are both underage.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2013 at 7:17 PM

He can't be charged, they are both underage.

Talk to both of them, and if you don't feel they can be trusted, don't give them opportunities to be alone together.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 10, 2013 at 9:08 PM
This poster was kind enough to look up info in your state. First take a big breath and know your facts. Then I agree with the other poster who said you get her parents over avd sit down all 6 of you. They are wayyyyy too young. Pregnancy and STI's are going to be your biggest issues if you keep up a work schedule like that with minimal supervision. You better step up the supervision BIG time..send your son to stay with grandparents or a friend with parents who are home when you work that long stretch he has proven now he cannot be trusted to make healthy/good or wise decisions at this time.

Quoting fammatthews4:

Also I just googled statuatory rape laws by state and in your state it's not an issue until one of the parties is over 18 and more than 2 years older than the other party. Even knowing this I would do as prior posters have said and sit them both down and have a heart to heart.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Don't allow him to be home unsupervised, make him participate in a summer activity, club, vounteer group, etc.     Have a family meeting and remind everyone of the rules, which should include no friends of the opposite sex in the house while you are not home.    Ask family members or friends to check up on the kids, or spend some time with them, making taking them to the movies or something.     Talk to him about your expectations and his responsibilities...talk about safe sex and waiting until he is ready to handle an 'adult' relationship and the risks and responsibilities involved.      Call her parents and explain that you are working long hours and would like them to be aware that you disapprove and do not allow the kids to be together unsupervised.   Hopefully, they will be on board and not allow their daughter to go to your house.  

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 11, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

This poster was kind enough to look up info in your state. First take a big breath and know your facts. Then I agree with the other poster who said you get her parents over avd sit down all 6 of you. They are wayyyyy too young. Pregnancy and STI's are going to be your biggest issues if you keep up a work schedule like that with minimal supervision. You better step up the supervision BIG time..send your son to stay with grandparents or a friend with parents who are home when you work that long stretch he has proven now he cannot be trusted to make healthy/good or wise decisions at this time.

Quoting fammatthews4:

all very good advice

PurpleHazey
by on Aug. 11, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I would be more worried about the whole sex thing, it sounds like you are OK-ing the sex but you are just worried about them charging your son....14 is way to young to be having sex!

PurpleHazey
by on Aug. 11, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Don't allow him to be home unsupervised, make him participate in a summer activity, club, vounteer group, etc.     Have a family meeting and remind everyone of the rules, which should include no friends of the opposite sex in the house while you are not home.    Ask family members or friends to check up on the kids, or spend some time with them, making taking them to the movies or something.     Talk to him about your expectations and his responsibilities...talk about safe sex and waiting until he is ready to handle an 'adult' relationship and the risks and responsibilities involved.      Call her parents and explain that you are working long hours and would like them to be aware that you disapprove and do not allow the kids to be together unsupervised.   Hopefully, they will be on board and not allow their daughter to go to your house.  

That should be common sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)