Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Back-to-School Shortcut #4: Keep a Master Calendar

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 588 Replies
1 mom liked this

No matter how old your kids are, chances are you have a lot of different appointments, classes, meetings, school functions, parties, activities and more to keep track of.

GO HIGH-TECH: Set up an online calendar (like the one available for free through Gmail) to keep tabs on the whole family’s schedule, with features like color coding for each family member and the ability to sync with the calendar on your (or your teen’s!) smartphone.

KEEP IT SIMPLE: Hang a large whiteboard calendar, with boxes big enough to fit everyone’s obligations, in a hallway or the kitchen, with a different color marker for each family member or type of appointment (school, medical, sports, etc). 

How do you keep track of your family’s schedule?

school bus

Click here for Back-to-School Shortcut #5: Keep Memories Organized >>

One mom who replies to all 7 of our Back to School posts will win a $500 gift card!

*The Giveaway Rules 

The Back to School Giveaway starts 8/12/2013 at 8am (ET) and ends 8/31/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to the 7 Back to School Posts associated with the giveaway with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $500 gift card to Target, Walmart or amazon.com. The random drawing shall occur on or about 9/7/2013. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drfink
by Emily on Aug. 12, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I'm old LOL so we have a large calendar that hangs behind what was the phone nook.Everything but everything is written there and I will go and highlight it so it is easy to see which kid it is for.It is all transferred into my personal calendar.

countrygirlkat
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I have a calendar that I write things on that is our go to when we need to see what is going on.

jhelmke
by Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 6:26 PM

My son has large calendar on his desk. He will also have calendar from school and his phone calendar.

SuperPickle
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM

We have several white boards around the house for keeping appt times and such but we are not too over scheduled to need anything elaborate.

MOM2DMSD
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I do both. As much as I love technology, I also feel like its nice to have a calendar posted up at home where we can all just see what's going on at any given day.
bingogurl
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:56 AM
I use cozi synced up to my husband's phone and a calendar with a line for each family member.
bbysqd
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:56 AM
I keep everything in my google calender. It sends me emails to remind me of anything coming up.
I've also used cozi calender app, which was nice.
funmommy123
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM
For now, I put everything intothe calendar on my phone. I have it ser to where it reminds me of an event a day before & then again thw day of. I was actually thinking about gettjng a white board to go on the fridge.
Tink0711
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
We have a regular calendar in the kitchen that everything goes on to. I use different color pens for df, myself, dd & the boys. We also have a dry erase board in the living room where df or I will write what's going on for the day.
-pepperidge-
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I have to see my calendar right in front of me! I keep a dry erase calendar on my fridge that I can check every time I am in the kitchen to make sure I have everything done and ready for whats to come!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)