Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My 15yr. old is sexting..some boy she barley knows.

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 6:05 PM
  • 108 Replies
My DD is sexting some boy she met a amusement park, they knew each other in the 3rd grade an haven't seen each again till this summer. She not allowed to date till she's 16, she's allowed to talk to her friends an thought this boy was just a friend, come to find out she has been getting up around two in the morning to do this with him. Me an my daughter have always been close an honest, so I thought. Her dad didn't like The way she was be so sneaky with her phone so he went threw her room an found her diary an I can't even repeat what she wrote. It was so nasty, she was writing about what they talked about. I need some advice on how to talk to her without killing her...Please help

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input, I have taken away her phone an computer privileges. I'm hoping we can work on the trust issues, but it will probably be a long time before I can trust her again. With all the advice I got on here, our conversation went a lot better than I thought. Thank you all so much an I will continue to keep a close eye on her
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 6:26 PM
16 moms liked this

Straight up be honest with her. tell the truth. Both you and DH need to sit down with her. You give her the Mom perspective.Dad needs to give her the Teen boy perspective and then the Dad one. I would be freakin horrified. her phone would be GONE ! As in until she has a job and can afford her own plan. He life as she knows it would be OVER. I would take everything including her door . She can not be trusted. She has proved that. her new life would be school, work and bedroom.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

HopesNDreams
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM
4 moms liked this
Take the phone. Before she is able to earn it back, remove the capability to send pictures - that's what comes next!

With two of my kids, this issue never came up. We talked several times about it and there never was an issue. The third child continues to do it whenever given access to a phone or the Internet. She had lost her phone for good and will not have another until she is eighteen and can pay for it herself. She is only allowed in the computer for school - all social sites are blocked and she is monitored.
bizzeemom2717
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM
3 moms liked this

The phone wold be gone for awhile and even then when the phone came back the texting feature would be turned OFF for a very very long time, she has proven she doesn't have the maturity to handle the responsibility. I agree with the pp, that said talk to her. sit her down, I would be as non confrontational as poss even though I'm sure you are understandably freaked out and try to understand why she did this? was it her way of getting this boy's attention? Is she acting on these feelings, is she sexually active? Explain the dangers. Good luck and hang in there!

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 14, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Take the phone, password on any computer and consequences. Tell her trust is gone till further notice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sabrina7393
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Thank you, I will do that
Sabrina7393
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Thank you for all the good advice, we are going to sit down with her tomorrow night, tomorrow is the first day of school an I want her to be ready. Don't worry I took her phone away already, foe not doing her chores. I am really nervous about talking to her, I know I need to stay calm, but I'm really hurt she lied to me about this boy. I just don't think ill ever trust her again.
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:49 AM
So if she had no phone what was she sexting on,
Sabrina7393
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:45 AM
She had her phone till last night, I just found out that it just wasn't sexting she has also had phone sex with him...I didn't even think she could talk like that.
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this
She needs counseling now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

So wait, you found what she wrote in her diary, and not on her phone? You do know that lots of girls right a bunch of bull in their diary's. That alone doesn't prove anything.

If she is, then you talk to her and you take her phone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN