Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your kids gamers?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 30 Replies

Whether it is on a tablet, phone, gaming system or computer, are your kids gamers? 

What  kinds of games do they play? 

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

All 3 kids like Minecraft. That's the only one they really "obsess" over.

shorty13417
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM

my son mainly plays wrestling games on Xbox 360 but he also has gotten into zombie games on Xbox 360, too!

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Yes, my son is a big gamer. He's active and social, so it doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't get in the way of other things that are more important to having a healthy life.

He plays COD, Minecraft, and Clash of Clans. 

bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Well DS number 1 is a gamer in sense of roleplaying games but he does it face to face around the table.DS number 2 and 3 play anything and everything when it comes to games. Both have xboxes and ds 3 has a wii as well,. Now saying that DS number 2 does tech support for activision so he gets paid to play games. DD plays the NHL and NFL on her xbox but thats about it.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:33 PM

No neither one

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM

My 19 yr old is a video gamer.... Xbox 360 live.   He plays war games like Call of Duty.   He is ranked in the State and nationally for several games.    

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Not much unless you count the card game Magic as a game.Mostly he plays with friends in person or our local game shop has something called drafts...aka tournaments every Wed ,Thurs ,Fri ,Sat evening and Sun afternoon.They are very reasonable 5 dollars ,get a booster pack and about 4 hrs of play .Sun is 10 dollars and 2 booster packs.During the summer he may attend twice a week ,during school once a week either Wed due to late start Thurs or a weekend night or Sun afternoon if we don't have family plans.He has found it online but doesn't really care for the on line version.

None of my others are gamers at all.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Yes. Dd and dh play Dungeons and Dragons on line. Ds plays tons of stuff. They mostly play Pc games.
Manth
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 3:21 AM

My daughters can take or leave gaming on computers and consoles.  Sometimes they will play for a while (they like fantasy-type game settings) but never for very long.  

Now, table-top Role-Playing Games like Dungeons and Dragons - THOSE they love!  Getting together with their friends, working out the scenario then running with it in a shared imagination fest is just their cup of tea.  DD#2 even wrote a LARP (Live Action Role Playing) session for her Venturer Scout troop that they played as an over-night session.  Lots of fun.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:07 AM

All of my kids are, my grown ones have somewhat outgrown it already. My younger ones go in waves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)