Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Ugh... BOYS and hormones! *updated*

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM
  • 20 Replies

Almost 3 months and my oldest son (13yrs) hasn't touched the computer without permission.... tonight I start going to the bedroom and he emerges from my "office" and says "I was just changing out my batteries for my hearing aids!"  with a guilty look on his face.... he comes forth to tell me he was looking at "naughty" sites again. What a great way (sarcastic) to end a fantastic day (Today was my Bridal Shower... DF and I are getting married in October).... :( School starts in 2 days and I'm already having to deal with this crap again. 

Not only is he on naughty sites... yeah he went to about 20 sites :( I'm flipping pissed off!

***Sorry Ladies.... I've been super busy cleaning and organizing from the shower....

We have passcodes on every single computer.... and we change them every month so they are not the same all the time. I have no clue how he unlocked them but I made a new one.

We've also had this discussion SEVERAL times. When school let out last year he was pulling the same crap, which is why we have passcodes on the computers. It didn't happen AT ALL over the summer...

Also, I don't find the sites degrading to women... DF watches them when the boys are out of the house or sleeping and it doesn't bother me, heck 1/2 the time we watch them together.

Everyone has choices, and most of the women on those sites made the choice of being on the site. 

I just don't want my son going on the sites as of yet. He's not 18 and I don't approve of anyone under 18 looking at sexually explict material. 

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by May 2014....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi, and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greywitchoregon
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I wouldnt know how to explain that to him. Those are for adults. I know you are curious about naked girls and sex etc. Sex is not for children. Those pages have zero to do with love and respect. I guess have your DF sit down with him and talk to him of sorts. 

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:48 AM
I think that's a great way to describe it

Quoting greywitchoregon:

I wouldnt know how to explain that to him. Those are for adults. I know you are curious about naked girls and sex etc. Sex is not for children. Those pages have zero to do with love and respect. I guess have your DF sit down with him and talk to him of sorts. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
This. Thos sites are so degrading to women. And possibly addicting too.

Quoting greywitchoregon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Put a password on the computer where he cannot get on the computer unless you allow it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnowWhieQueen
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:32 AM

password on the computer...tell him a lot of those women are moms how would he feel if ppl looked at his mom that way...or tell him some of those site are of women that are kidnapped...underage..ect....im so glad my 13 yr old is so not like this yet ...he for sure wouldn't want to deal with me..muhahaha...good luck mama!!!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM
I agree with this. Sounds like you need to sit him down and have a heart to heart talk. Then pass code the computer so he can't get on it without your knowledge.

Quoting greywitchoregon:

Mom2five87
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Ugh. I have 4 boys but they are all 7 and under at this point. I dread the day that I have to deal with this crap.

You should probably just put passwords on the computers and parental blocks on his phone.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I'll just ditto what everyone else said...

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I agree with all the other suggestions (multiple talking, passwords, etc.), but in addition, if he fessed up on his own, I would acknowledge that he did the right thing there. I always verbally praise for fessing up in hopes it will avoid a future cover-up or lie.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:02 PM

This and password protect your computer.

Quoting greywitchoregon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)