Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Cost of Car insurance for teens ???

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hi moms, I am trying to get a general idea of the cost of insurance for a teen driver. My daughter will be getting her liscense in a few months. We live in California. I have no idea how much insurance will cost. I know it varies but I was hoping for other people's experiences. My daughter will have to pay for her own insurance so I wanted to give her a general idea of what she needs to save up. Thanks in advance :)
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Call your insurance company. I think out 19 yo cost us about $1200 to our policy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaime_707
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Call your insurance company. I think out 19 yo cost us about $1200 to our policy.

I will call my insurance company when we get a little closer. Right now she is just getting her permit which our insurance covers for free. I just wanted some ideas from other moms... $1200 a year??? I was guessing it would be about $100. A month.

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:41 AM

It really depends on her grades AND where you live in CA. If you're in an urban area, it will be pricier than in a rural area. And the better her grades, the lower the rate. You can always go to a site like progressive. com or Geico and get a quote.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Ours was 1290 a year for my DS a little over 100 a month

Quoting Jaime_707:

Quoting atlmom2:

I will call my insurance company when we get a little closer. Right now she is just getting her permit which our insurance covers for free. I just wanted some ideas from other moms... $1200 a year??? I was guessing it would be about $100. A month.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM

In our state if you take a safe driving course once a year it saves up to 10 %. Calling your company will let you know.For the future there was a dramatic reduction in cost when our children went away to college,We were 100 % honest ,told them they were students 9 months of the year but we were still the home address.You may want to check on this depending on where you live.For our oldest it saved a third .Our daughter was about a 25% reduction ,plus good grades and safe driving class ...it was almost reasonable LOL

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM
My sons is $160 a month for liability. Boys are priced higher. His actually went down at my renewal in June and will again in December. I can't wait until he's 18 and can get his own policy instead of under me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)