Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Know idea how we will make it

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
  • 12 Replies

through the next few years ....... DD is 13 and OMGosh.... The mood swings are going to kill me.... I can not do anything right... No matter what I say or do I end up being screamed at and the water works start.... Good example came home from work one day yelled her name up the stairs (arms full if groceries) she opens her door, then slams it stomps down stairs and screaches WHAT, WHAT I DO THIS TIME YOU BLAME ME FOR EVERYTHING.... Uh hi just wanted to let you know I was home... oh and stomps back upstairs...  I even called my mom and told her I was sorry if I was ever like this (dont rememeber ever being like this) and she confirmed that I was an easy teen.... DS is a SR this year and he has always been super easy....

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Remember, your job isn't to make her happy. Her screeching would have gotten an immediate order to apologize. That done, the next thing would have been to remind her of the dangers of assuming.

BelleVernonGirl
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:05 AM

My girls are 17 now (twins) and I think it got easier as the teens went on...well kinda...

The mood swings are fewer and shorter maybe...I know all kids are diff but maybe she will calm down once her hormones settle a bit...

GOOD LUCK!

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this

you better sit her ass down and explain that no matter whats going on with her She will talk and treat you respectfully or there will be consequences.There is NO reason for her to be yelling stomping or screaming !

Its.Me.Mama
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:38 AM

We have this conversation every time.... it just seems to go in one ear and out the other...  She does not, act this way to my DH just me.... We have taken things away, had long long long conversations ect...

Quoting Its.Me.Mama:

through the next few years ....... DD is 13 and OMGosh.... The mood swings are going to kill me.... I can not do anything right... No matter what I say or do I end up being screamed at and the water works start.... Good example came home from work one day yelled her name up the stairs (arms full if groceries) she opens her door, then slams it stomps down stairs and screaches WHAT, WHAT I DO THIS TIME YOU BLAME ME FOR EVERYTHING.... Uh hi just wanted to let you know I was home... oh and stomps back upstairs...  I even called my mom and told her I was sorry if I was ever like this (dont rememeber ever being like this) and she confirmed that I was an easy teen.... DS is a SR this year and he has always been super easy....

Bertieb
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Friday I came in with groceries and my daughter asked if I needed help. I told her no, but she could go ahead and pick up her art supplies on the dining room table I had told her about that morning. ( I did not raise my voice).She got mad at ME, said I didn't have to get all sassy about it, she was offering to help me, then went to her room without picking up the art stuff. It's an up and down road with these girls. I wasn't so bad, but I was scared to talk that way to my mom.

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Then time to revoke privileges.

SCMomOfTeen
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I hate to tell ya, but it's not just the girls with the mood swings.  I've made the comment before that I'm hanging on to my sanity by a thread!  We will all get through this, or so I'm told!  :)

DallasCowboys81
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Lol do you have a younger version of my dd? Hopefully it gets better for you, I to have called my mom several times and apologized .. Even asked her to remove the evil spell of I hope you have one just like you.. Lol my dd is now 17 and twice as bad as that. I told her she needed to go into acting because she is so good with the water works good luck...
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:04 AM
This don't put up with her behavior

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBLB
by Missi on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Yep, and be firm about it.

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

This don't put up with her behavior

Quoting gdiamante:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)